National Championship Prediction Thread

Swampdonks

I've never seen a team that didn't win their Conference win a NC but I've also never seen a team win a NC that lost to Iowa freakin St. Alabama deserved a shot and they proved to be worthy, end of story. National Champions. You can argue it all you want but in the end, Alabama take home the BCS National Championship.

Good for them.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That was just a horribly uninteresting game. Bama is clearly the better team, no doubt about that. I would have liked to see what someone like OkST could have done against Bama. I'm not sure how if LSU's inept play last night was due to Bama's defense and how much was due to Jordan Jefferson being a terrible football player (last night).

And can we take the Honey Badger out of the Heisman race now? He can't cover anyone.

Ha, well said. I hate Alabama more than any sports team, but there is no doubt they were the best team in the country.

They very well may be the best team in the country but I don't know how there can be no doubt w/the abomination of a system we have w/the BCS. Alabama would have had a great chance and very likely could have won a playoff but w/o one doubt ensues.

One lingering question I for Alabama is as follows... Would their defense be able to shutdown teams with dynamic offenses? Is there offense good enough to hang if their defense struggled? No matter what accolades LSU had coming into the game, dynamic offense isn't one of them. Even if we had the bare minimum of a +1 system and Alabama had to go through OkSt or Stanford to get to LSU the case that there is "no doubt" that they were the best would be much stronger than it is today. I think that is something we all should be able to agree with.

I didn't see the first game until the tail end (was a Best Man at a wedding) but Alabama harped all week on how they beat themselves in that game and how LSU really didn't beat them. At first I wasn't sure if that was just conjecture on their part to hype them up but to me it's pretty clear they were right.

The system blows but with the system that is in place, there is absolutely no doubt that Bama was and is the best team and deserves the title.

BTW, how Miles doesn't go to Lee by the end of the 3rdQ is pretty mind boggling to me.

If you are saying that there is no doubt that Bama is the best team then the system doesn't need changed - the system successfully worked to give the best team the BCS trophy.

I would say that with the system in place there is no doubt that Alabama deserves the title of BCS Champions but cannot go nearly as far as believing there is "no doubt" that Alabama is the best college football team in the nation. I think they very may well be but if they had to play OkSt next week I don't think it would be a foregone conclusion that Alabama beats them. I wish we would have had the opportunity to see how their defense matches up against a dynamic offense.

If you are saying that there is no doubt that Bama is the best team then the system doesn't need changed - the system successfully worked to give the best team the BCS trophy.

I would say that with the system in place there is no doubt that Alabama deserves the title of BCS Champions but cannot go nearly as far as believing there is "no doubt" that Alabama is the best college football team in the nation. I think they very may well be but if they had to play OkSt next week I don't think it would be a foregone conclusion that Alabama beats them. I wish we would have had the opportunity to see how their defense matches up against a dynamic offense.

And OK St was lucky to beat Stanford...Alabama destroys them IMO.

I would prefer a playoff because really, you never know what could happen. We see it all the time in the bball tourney but still, generally speaking, the team that deserves the title ends up with the title.

The system blows but with the system that is in place, there is absolutely no doubt that Bama was and is the best team and deserves the title.

BTW, how Miles doesn't go to Lee by the end of the 3rdQ is pretty mind boggling to me.

That's my beef though. With the system that is in place (and the way the BCS honchos keep selling it to us as legitimate) LSU shouldn't have had to play a rematch to win the championship.

That's my beef though. With the system that is in place (and the way the BCS honchos keep selling it to us as legitimate) LSU shouldn't have had to play a rematch to win the championship.

Everyone keeps harping on this rematch thing. That has ZERO to do with the system that is in place. The system we have now pits the #1 team against the #2 team. LSU was the #1 team and Alabama was the #2 team, thus they played. The fact that they played once already literally has zero bearing on the system we have in place right now but people want to pretend that it does.

Archived