Some notes from Fanfest

Frobby

3 minutes ago, esmd said:

Bwahahahahahahahaha

Honestly, our position player development seems to have gotten much better under Dan.   The pitcher development, not so much.    As to strengthening international scouting, we certainly haven’t seen any sign at all of that.  

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Frobby said:

Honestly, our position player development seems to have gotten much better under Dan.   The pitcher development, not so much.    As to strengthening international scouting, we certainly haven’t seen any sign at all of that.  

Just think how good they would be doing if they hand't given up a half dozen first and second round draft picks. 

5 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Certainly, he has attempted to bring in many international players through various avenues. He has not been permitted to spend on the 1 6 July 2 extravaganza throughout his tenure.  Unfortunately. Or participate in any posting. 

8 hours ago, esmd said:

Bwahahahahahahahaha

I guess DD didn’t yet appreciate how vehemently against J2 international market participation PA was.  Makes you wonder, did he not ask about that in his interview or did he think he could convince PA to spend there.

16 hours ago, Frobby said:

It's getting there. Akin is coming along, Wells looks solid and Rameriez looks promising

18 minutes ago, MDtransplant757 said:

It's getting there. Akin is coming along, Wells looks solid and Rameriez looks promising

Well, I’ve heard those things before.   We’ve had a lot of guys who looked good at various stages in our system who didn’t progress well up the ladder, or who did much better once out of the Orioles’ system.    So I’m waiting to see some guys who are major league ready and who actually perform at that level.   

10 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Well, I’ve heard those things before.   We’ve had a lot of guys who looked good at various stages in our system who didn’t progress well up the ladder, or who did much better once out of the Orioles’ system.    So I’m waiting to see some guys who are major league ready and who actually perform at that level.   

What the problem has been is the philosophy of said organization. The O's and many other organizations want fastball pitchers, whereas the Astros take it on a case to case basis. 

57 minutes ago, Frobby said:

The Calvary!

3 hours ago, MDtransplant757 said:

What the problem has been is the philosophy of said organization. The O's and many other organizations want fastball pitchers, whereas the Astros take it on a case to case basis. 

Dont forgot Yacabnis and the staff is working

with him on his control, by lowering leg kick into like a side-step

23 minutes ago, Il BuonO said:

Cavalry?

I just did a Google search about Orioles Cavalry....wanting to get a good laugh, I found a PressBox article citing the "cavalry" moniker was regarding Arrietta, Tillman, Matusz and Britton. I seem to recall it was earlier than that. Maybe I'm misremembering. I thought it was Hayden Penn, Matt Riley type time frame. Good times none the less. Good times.

43 minutes ago, Eddie_Ripken said:

I just did a Google search about Orioles Cavalry....wanting to get a good laugh, I found a PressBox article citing the "cavalry" moniker was regarding Arrietta, Tillman, Matusz and Britton. I seem to recall it was earlier than that. Maybe I'm misremembering. I thought it was Hayden Penn, Matt Riley type time frame. Good times none the less. Good times.

http://articles.baltimoresun.com/2010-06-21/sports/bs-sp-orioles-pitchers-0622-20100621_1_brian-matusz-orioles-era

Matusz, Britton, Tillman, Arrietta and Bergesen.

The Cavalry, the nickname former manager Dave Trembley gave to the organization's group of starting pitching prospects, has pretty much arrived, though not all its members have moved forward during the Orioles' brutal 2010 season.

Archived