Connolly says 7yr/140 "still beyond the comfort level" of the club

accinfo

Putting my tinfoil hat on and considering it is Heyman, It appears that he is having a hard time getting that 7th or 8th year from whatever team he is trying to play against the Nats
We all know Heyman is Boras' mouthpiece. So why would Boras want people to know this? Because IMO, he wants another team to go more than 6 years. Not the Gnats. What other team(s) could that be? I don't think TEX is out of it, and if he could get the O's to make a 7 year offer that would press the Gnats.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We all know Heyman is Boras' mouthpiece. So why would Boras want people to know this? Because IMO, he wants another team to go more than 6 years. Not the Gnats. What other team(s) could that be? I don't think TEX is out of it, and if he could get the O's to make a 7 year offer that would press the Gnats.

Agreed, IMO he is trying to get the 7th or 8th year from whatever team he is playing against the Nats, could be the O's could be the Rangers could be the Yankees lol..

Anyway, I think its interesting that less than an hour later the three other rumored teams Rangers, O's and Marlins are out per Rosenthal and Nightengale.. This all appears to me to be public negotiating...

Heyman reported that a deal would be done for 7 or possibly 8 years.

It's not so much about year 1-3, years 4-8 with not being able to DH is going to be a lot of $$$ spent on a oft-injured overweight 1B.

He must have a hell of a high pain threshold if he is oft injured considering he has never played in less than 157 games in his career.

He's 27 years old. He will be a top hitter until at least 32. 5 out of 7 years is something Im fine with considering we usually sign guys like him when they are exiting a deal like this for $8-10 Million and get ZERO production. Last year we signed two of them and got ZERO production. We paid Lee and Vlad almost as much as we are worried about being stuck with from Prince.

He's not oft injured, he's a big guy that moves better than any guy his size Ive ever seen. His dad was a fat hog whos main form of exercise off the field was return trips to the buffet line and he was great until 32.

I wouldn't be surprised if Prince was productive for at least another year. I doubt he is out of the league at 34.

Anybody wanna bet his age 33 offensive totals will be better than any Oriole this year? Sounds like easy money for me.

Archived