Connolly says 7yr/140 "still beyond the comfort level" of the club

accinfo

8 years /154 with money up front 1st year 24,2nd 23,3th 22,4th 21,5th 20,6th 19,7th 18,8th 17.Protect team and lack of productivity of player.

I don't understand how front-loading contracts helps protect the team? Time value of money means that front loaded contracts are actually more expensive than "regular" contracts. We are better off just eating money in later years.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't understand how front-loading contracts helps protect the team? Time value of money means that front loaded contracts are actually more expensive than "regular" contracts. We are better off just eating money in later years.

money today is always worth more than later!

So tired at this point. The Sun, Roch, and Duquette have all been consistent with their approach - we'll pay him if the market is reasonable enough. That is more than most teams in baseball are willing to commit to concerning Prince. On the surface, the teams that are in a position to sign him and are at least somewhat willing to do so are well known, and the O's are one of those. Until something changes, this is empty discussion.

What I would like to see: 8/160 that includes team options for the last two years. The first six years are for a backloaded $126m with an opt-out after 4 years. Annual salaries would be: 16/18/20/20/(opt-out option at this point/22/24/18(club option)/16(club option).

Boras can announce that he got his 8/160 deal with an opt out clause... but it won't exactly be the case.

Are the Nats that desperate to sign Fielder for 6+ years?

I mean I don't think ownership could agree to let this happen.

If not :rofl: @ the Nats.

Yeah, its hilarious to watch the supposedly smaller market down the street add a potential 50 HR hitter to the middle of the order after drafting 2 #1 overall talents and an allstar RF over what, 3 offseasons. Thats to go with their AS 3B who continues to put up good numbers.

Don't worry, the O's will win the trophy for fiscal responsibility and also the 2nd tier player retirement bump award.

Yeah, its hilarious to watch the supposedly smaller market down the street add a potential 50 HR hitter to the middle of the order after drafting 2 #1 overall talents and an allstar RF over what, 3 offseasons. Thats to go with their AS 3B who continues to put up good numbers.

Don't worry, the O's will win the trophy for fiscal responsibility and also the 2nd tier player retirement bump award.

Heyman reported that a deal would be done for 7 or possibly 8 years.

It's not so much about year 1-3, years 4-8 with not being able to DH is going to be a lot of $$$ spent on a oft-injured overweight 1B.

Archived