Jeff Francoeur - RF

Alex Gordon - LF

Johnny Giavotella - 2B

Eric Hosmer - 1B

Humberto Quintero - C

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Should be an interesting game tonight. Both SPs have flashed some inconsistency this season Beckett more than Chen though. I'm intrigued to see how Chen bounces back.

Is it the 5 day work load catching up to him, his command has seemed to be what's off in his bad games of late...or is it teams finally starting to catch up to him now that they've seen him a few times.

If the Rays had "caught up" to Chen, how was he able to shut them down after the first inning of his last outing?

If it were a matter of fatigue, why did he strengthen as the game wore on?

That first inning allowing five runs is a data point that skews everything. I think he's doing fine. I like especially how he and Hammel both don't get fazed by tense or rough situations.

If the Rays had "caught up" to Chen, how was he able to shut them down after the first inning of his last outing?

That first inning allowing five runs is a data point that skews everything. I think he's doing fine. I like especially how he and Hammel both don't get fazed by tense or rough situations.

Umm, I was just asking the question. Is the 5 day workload getting to him. We've seen his command look not that great 2 of the last 3 games. As for the Tampa game, threw a WP in the 1st and walked 2 guys, he walked a guy in the 2nd, a guy in the 3rd. It's just something that I'm looking for. He actually threw more pitches in the 3rd inning than in the *edit second* inning (29-23) and threw 19 in the 4th. I disagree with your premise it was just one bad inning and then Chen dominated...

I think he's doing fine too. But my biggest concern about any pitcher coming over from Japan is how they convert and how quickly does the league catch up, just voicing that here.

Umm, I was just asking the question.

NO !!! If you are going to post on the OH, you must come here with loads of information and a firm opinion on everything that you write of. No exceptions. :D

Agree with this. I was at the game and was pretty frustrated with his 35 pitch first inning. I started to run through all the worst case scenarios on what was wrong (he's been figured out, he's fatigued).

It was pretty crazy because he was uncharacteristically all over the place, it's not like he was commanding his stuff and they were hitting him. Then he really settled in and looked like the guy he has been all season.

I'm not sure what to make of it, but something was messed up with him in that first inning, and it certainly seems to be an outlier, not a downward trend that we all should be worried about.

Umm, I was just asking the question. Is the 5 day workload getting to him. We've seen his command look not that great 2 of the last 3 games. As for the Tampa game, threw a WP in the 1st and walked 2 guys, he walked a guy in the 2nd, a guy in the 3rd. It's just something that I'm looking for. He actually threw more pitches in the 3rd inning than in the *edit second* inning (29-23) and threw 19 in the 4th. I disagree with your premise it was just one bad inning and then Chen dominated...

I think he's doing fine too. But my biggest concern about any pitcher coming over from Japan is how they convert and how quickly does the league catch up, just voicing that here.

I see, these are legitimate points. Sorry if it looked like I was pouncing on what you said; that was not the intended tone--I was mainly wondering, too.

I see, these are legitimate points. Sorry if it looked like I was pouncing on what you said; that was not the intended tone--I was mainly wondering, too.

You big bully !!! :laughlol:

Archived