OFFNY

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi, my name is Mark Reynolds. You might remember me as somewhat of a power hitter.

And WEII radio announcers last night were saying s**t like they were surprised Reynolds hit a double b/c isn't he the guy who just strikes out ALL the time? hahahaha

It's only the 3rd inning I know but we're going to sweep in Fenway. Hahahaha

Could it have somehow happened when his knee hit homeplate?

I seriously doubt home would cause that kind of gash, but even if it could the replays showed that knee coming down right on one of Davis' feet, the "tucked" one which the spikes were to the side and therefore exactly in one of the right positions to make that gash.

Let's put double digits on the board. Give Hammel 6 or 7 scoreless innings. Then we can safely bring in Gregg to give him his obligatory "work".

The only other option to use him is when we're losing badly, but that isn't terribly often these days. :rofl: :mwahaha:

I seriously doubt home would cause that kind of gash, but even if it could the replays showed that knee coming down right on one of Davis' feet, the "tucked" one which the spikes were to the side and therefore exactly in one of the right positions to make that gash.

Exactly what I saw.

Could it have somehow happened when his knee hit homeplate?

That's what I've been saying: either homeplate or the dirt. That's a lot of force and friction he was generating with that slide on his knees. And the replay from different angles don't really show the cleats and knee coinciding.

Archived