2nd round targets.

I for one am hoping for one of Correa or Almora esp if they will sign for under slot. Im interested in hearing some targets for round 2 and 3. im not sure he falls but Matt Smoral looks like a nice target. Im also a fan of Walker Weickel as well. I would love to see us go after a HS pitcher who has fallen in the 2nd round, like a Daniel Norris or AJ Cole from year's past. A couple other names who interest me are Pat light, Victor Roache, luke Sims, and Hunter Virant. Im sure a couple of those names will be around. Who does everyone else like?

I mentioned Pat light also. For a hitter, I would be interested in Peter O'Brien, a catcher from Miami. Now, I'm thinking of his bat and a probable shift to 1B because he projects to be below average defensively, according to reports. However, he's big and fairly athletic, and has a ton of power to all fields. He's a senior but he doesn't turn 22 until June or July. I also previously mentioned Travis Jankowski (CF, Stony Brook) if he slides, but the lack of power causes concern.

I was thinking O'Brien too. Probably more of a backup C/DH kinda guy though from what I've heard on him. I also like Nolan Fantana depending on where we go with the #4 pick, Branden Kline from UVA, and James Ramsey from FSU, but I tend to be ACC biased since I generally see them in person.

Archived