vs. RAYS 6/1

scOtt

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This game is a meltdown of epic proportion. What the hell is wrong with these guys? Can't pitch, can't hit, can't field, can't run the bases properly. Is there some other aspect of a baseball game that I'm unaware of?

They are damn good at getting our hopes up before ripping our hearts out.

Come on now... how many players run all out from 3rd base on a fly ball that goes to the warning track in center? Not that many. Let's cut Hall a little slack.

Nolan would have.

(You know Harper would have)

Earlier today Hall was a minor leaguer, later tonight Hall might be a minor leaguer, he has plenty of incentive to hustle.

This game is a meltdown of epic proportion. What the hell is wrong with these guys? Can't pitch, can't hit, can't field, can't run the bases properly. Is there some other aspect of a baseball game that I'm unaware of?

There are reasons Bill Hall and Steve Tolleson are AAAA players...I have not watched much, and I've done most of my updating via this board, but it sounds like Chen was dealing pretty much after the 1st...yes, it sucks he gave up 5, but the offense has been pathetic.

Come on now... how many players run all out from 3rd base on a fly ball that goes to the warning track in center? Not that many. Let's cut Hall a little slack.

When he saw Tolleson he shd have sped up.

Great! Pena strikes out for the 3rd time in a row after getting a double. Good job Gregg (sort of).

He's only on 4 day's rest, and he came in and got one of the 3 batters that he faced. Give credit where credit is due. That was a gutsy, selfless performance by Gregg right there.

I think the man he's subbing for wd have scored.

ok- no way tolleson should have been going there. And yes I think Hall should have been hustling more.... question though- if the ball was hit deep enough for tolleson to even be able to think about tagging, then IMO Hall needs to be going full bore there. My problem is I never got to see the damn play because they have put 4 straight Emergency message alerts on the Tv about the tornado warning here in frederick co.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Just to add something that hasn't been discussed, their infield defense was awful. I don't think that is the norm for them, especially Volpe. I expect Judge and the defense to be better the next time we face them. 
    • Yes, but what five years, as it's more-or-less inevitable that he'll be out roughly 18 months for UCL surgery. And perhaps a 2nd after that. What is are TJ surgery odds in any given season for someone that touches 102? 25%? 33%? Basallo has a fair shot at getting 8,000, 10,000 or more MLB plate appearances. Miller might not face 2000 batters before his arm is wrecked.
    • That's fair - it was competitive and I was never relaxed during this series until we went up big on Rodon. For me at least, a lot of the nail-biting was about pitching questions, and we managed to dodge a few bullets there: -Grayson bounced back from his rough start to pitch well, despite going on the IL later. -Bradish came back and looked entirely like Bradish.  -Pitching a man (and a closer) short in the bullpen didn't hurt us as the lesser guys like Akin, Webb, and Baumann stepped up well.   
    • I think if things come together for the Yankees, they're close to, but not equal to, us. That's because they should have 2 HOFers in the middle of their order and one at the top of their rotation, plus a better bullpen. But we have deep depth. By September, 1-9 in the order should be a real threat to opposing teams. Burns, Bradish and Rodriguez as a top 3 can compete with anyone. Plus defense in most positions. I'd still take us, but my head isn't in the sand about how good things could be for them if things come together instead of fall apart.
    • Everyone bit their nails for 4 days and now that we've come out on top 3-1 we shouldn't pretend like this series and the Yankees weren't competitive.
    • I agree that Miller would cost a lot in a trade. I also see his arm as a ticking time bomb. I don't agree that Basallo is anywhere near on the table for him. Based on that article posted earlier in this thread, guys I could see being interesting would include: Position Players: Bradfield, Horvath, Beavers, Fabian, Etzel, Willems, Tavera, Sosa, Liranzo, Arias, etc. Pitchers: a sweetener/headliner could include Bright, DeLeon, Weston, Chace, Sharkey (many here depending on the role in the trade) The point is that you could still put together a very attractive package for a team targeting 3+ years from now to win without including Basallo or any of our AAA guys.
    • What was going on with him staring down Kremer on the HR? I've rarely if ever seen that, but then I dont exactly watch much baseball outside of the O's. It was a pretty in your face moment. Maybe Kremer brushed him back on some previous pitch I missed.
  • Popular Contributors

• Popular Now