Schoop and Machado

CanadianOriole

I have to think Hardy and Andino are much superior fielders to Schoop and Machado right now. But their bats are a negative. No deadline trading for these two this year. At least I hope not.

I'm joking a bit about them being up here now. I wouldn't want to waste some of their Major League clock on what will be another lost season. Maybe they can get a quick look in September when we are woefully out of it.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm joking a bit about them being up here now. I wouldn't want to waste some of their Major League clock on what will be another lost season. Maybe they can get a quick look in September when we are woefully out of it.

Well thats good. Its hard to tell when people are joking here sometimes. I wouldnt have traded either one for Greinke because the team just isnt good enough to compete this year. I also dont feel they are ready yet. Probably not even until mid-June next year.

I'm about to the point where I'm ready for both Machado and Schoop to be on the big club.

One way to bring some excitement...bring up Avery and Hoes, let them platoon LF...cut/trade Reynolds and Betemit.

Line-up:

LF Avery/Hoes, 3B Machado, RF Markakis, CF Jones, C Wieters, DH Thome, SS Hardy, 1B Davis, 2B Schoop

Bundy replaces DLd Hammel:

Bundy, Chen, Gonzalez, Tillman, and Britton

Might be terrible, but then again....

One way to bring some excitement...bring up Avery and Hoes, let them platoon LF...cut/trade Reynolds and Betemit.

Line-up:

LF Avery/Hoes, 3B Machado, RF Markakis, CF Jones, C Wieters, DH Thome, SS Hardy, 1B Davis, 2B Schoop

Bundy replaces DLd Hammel:

Bundy, Chen, Gonzalez, Tillman, and Britton

Might be terrible, but then again....

I'm not sure why we would want to deal Betemit. He's probably our second best left-handed hitter.

Schoop with another jack. The power is real. I'm going to be pissed if DD trades him.

One advantage of the recent poor play, I don't see a scenario where the O's trade Schoop during the season. I hope he does enough to be considered untouchable during the offseason.

Schoop with another jack. The power is real. I'm going to be pissed if DD trades him.

Anybody who saw the Sportscenter Top 10 this morning probably saw Schoop get robbed of a HR on the #1 play by Phillies prospect Jiwan James. Too bad it didn't count, but still noteworthy nonetheless.

http://philly.sbnation.com/philadelphia-phillies/2012/7/15/3160674/video-phillies-prospect-jiwan-james-makes-amazing-hard-to-explain

Archived