Left Field: Get Alfonso Soriano!

Flacco Machado

That report is what I've been saying all along. The Cubs are willing to pay most of Soriano and Dempsters salaries if it means getting back better prospects.

Just because the Cubs are willing to eat his salary does not mean he is going to be free.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That report is what I've been saying all along. The Cubs are willing to pay most of Soriano and Dempsters salaries if it means getting back better prospects.

Just because the Cubs are willing to eat his salary does not mean he is going to be free.

Anyone have any ideas what kind of player we're talking about giving up? If the Cubs pick up $34 of $36 million, how good a player return is reasonable?

The Cubs are offering to absorb all but $2MM of Alfonso Soriano?s contract, Stark writes. The left fielder earns $18MM per season through 2014 and the Cubs might take it all on for the right prospect.

The Cubs are offering to absorb all but $2MM of Alfonso Soriano?s contract, Stark writes. The left fielder earns $18MM per season through 2014 and the Cubs might take it all on for the right prospect.

So, the Cubs want a top 100 prospect for eating the contract? No thanks. Theo knows what he has in Soriano, and he's trying to fleece, not be fleeced. I think some teams will be tempted by this, but I think the cost will be too high.

For the right prospect.

This doesn't mean Soriano is going to be free, they still want something valuable for him.

So, the Cubs want a top 100 prospect for eating the contract? No thanks. Theo knows what he has in Soriano, and he's trying to fleece, not be fleeced. I think some teams will be tempted by this, but I think the cost will be too high.

Yes. I have a gut feeling that if it relates to us, it's either Bundy, or no deal. And if that's the case, Duquette has already made it clear that he and Machado were untouchables.

Soriano for this year and 13-14 at 2 M? Not a bad deal. He is putting up good defensive numbers this season, as well as offensive numbers. Could DH next year and platoon with Avery. He wouldn't require much in the way of prospects. Maybe Hoes, plus a lower level prospect. I'd consider it.

Soriano was 1-3 tonight with a double and one rbi. He now has 59 rbi's.

He is also old, slow and defensively not to much better than what we have already. Not to mention that once you get him, your stuck with him a few years. I would rather piece it together or get a rental and then address it this offseason.

He is also old, slow and defensively not to much better than what we have already. Not to mention that once you get him, your stuck with him a few years. I would rather piece it together or get a rental and then address it this offseason.

Yep. rather go with Victorino.

Archived