R:O. 1

BB:. 2

SO:. 2

Pitches: 47 (28 Strikes, 19 Balls)

2012 ERA: 4.50

JOHNSON BY INNINGS

24 (12 Strikes, 12 Balls)

23 (16 Strikes, 17 Balls)

* This was Steve Johnson's career major league debut.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He showed a very nice curve-ball. And pretty decent fastball command. Especially after walking the first two.

After walking the first 2 batters that he faced, Johnson threw 36 more pitches .......... 25 strikes, 11 balls. :)

He showed a very nice curveball. And pretty decent fastball command. Especially after walking the first two.

He fooled Cabrera with it for a called strike and then never threw it again. If he came back with it he strikes him out.

The roster is BP heavy right now. Someone has to go to make room for Tillman. I was glad to see Steve get a shot and he did pretty well overall. He certainly electrified the crowd, he got a warmer welcome than BRob when he returned. I'm sure we'll see more of him in the future. I'm happy for him and his father.

The roster is BP heavy right now. Someone has to go to make room for Tillman. I was glad to see Steve get a shot and he did pretty well overall. He certainly electrified the crowd, he got a warmer welcome than BRob when he returned. I'm sure we'll see more of him in the future. I'm happy for him and his father.

Yeah, I didn't see Steve pitch or any replays, but they showed his Dad laughing and beaming in the stands. Great stuff!

It seems likely that the O's are going to regret optioning Steve Johnson. He will not be available to the O's for 10 days unless there is an injury. With a rotation of Chen,Gonzo, Tillman, Britton and Hunter I would think the O's will need a mid relief or long man.

It seems likely that the O's are going to regret optioning Steve Johnson. He will not be available to the O's for 10 days unless there is an injury. With a rotation of Chen,Gonzo, Tillman, Britton and Hunter I would think the O's will need a mid relief or long man.

They might bring him back quick. Andino might make a trip to the DL.

They might bring him back quick. Andino might make a trip to the DL.

Yes, Andino might need to go on the DL, but right now that does not seem likely. XRays show no tear or structural damage. The MRI will tell more tomorrow but Andino is not reporting pain but rather soreness that he is projecting will cause him to not be play for a couple of days.

He fooled Cabrera with it for a called strike and then never threw it again. If he came back with it he strikes him out.

Ummm. Cabrera ripped one on a 1-2 count about 50 feet foul in the upper deck and i actually thought the 440 ft hr was on a curve - was that a slider?

Trust me, they can disable someone.

Archived