Possible Cubs/O's trade brewing?

Dark Helmet

Unless your that fat kid in school (Orioles ) who dreams of that one night stand being with the prom queen (playoffs). Look , id hate to lose Strop. But id much rather have this trade then Schoop,Hoes ,Strop, and Matusz for Headley.

I think I'd fire DD immediately for even thinking about that kinda trade.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is absolutely no way I could see the Cubs agreeing to this.

Reynolds??? FLAHERTY??? Are you freaking kidding me? I can't imagine those two being valued any lower as trade chips. I wouldn't be surprised if both of them cleared waivers if the O's DFAed them today (which they never would of course). So it's essentially Strop for Soriano and Dempster, which though Strop has great potential seems completely asymmetrical.

Either Epstein is on something, or someone is talking out of their you-know-what.

There is absolutely no way I could see the Cubs agreeing to this.

Reynolds??? FLAHERTY??? Are you freaking kidding me? I can't imagine those two being valued any lower as trade chips. I wouldn't be surprised if both of them cleared waivers if the O's DFAed them today (which they never would of course). So it's essentially Strop for Soriano and Dempster, which though Strop has great potential seems completely asymmetrical.

Either Epstein is on something, or someone is talking out of their you-know-what.

Dempster is a two month rental and you dont get the comp picks when he leaves via free agency. Soriano is have a nice offensive season ...But he's still not worth the money he has left on his contract and his defense stinks.

Tell me why this would be a good move for the Orioles?

Dempster is a two month rental and you dont get the comp picks when he leaves via free agency. Soriano is have a nice offensive season ...But he's still not worth the money he has left on his contract and his defense stinks.

Tell me why this would be a good move for the Orioles?

Dude, like Soriano and Dempster are waaaaaay ahead of the O's in this deal in times appeared on SportsCenter. That makes them winners, and winners win baseball games.

Dude, like Soriano and Dempster are waaaaaay ahead of the O's in this deal in times appeared on SportsCenter. That makes them winners, and winners win baseball games.

Oh stop. Dempster would be one of our two or three best starters and Soriano, despite his contract, would be second on our team in OPS.

Just passing along a tid-bit a friend of mine who lives in Chicago told me..He's has no sources just second hand info he heard on the radio out there...

O's get Dempster, Soriano , and cash

Cubs get- Strop, Flaherty, and Reynolds

Like I said its second hand info. Could be all speculation.

I don't have time to read the whole thread but I just want to pop in to say I'd hate this trade from the O's perspective.

The trade on it's face is preposterous because the Cubs would never take that little, and Dempster won't wave his NTC. What makes me laugh is Rerynolds and Flaherty are two of the most reviled players on the team for this board, but people are howling that trading them would be giving up too much. Certainly if the O's took the brunt of Soriano's contract, that might be true.. But everyting I've read about the Cubs moving Soriano, suggests the Cubs would be willing to eat most of his contract to move him and a team might end up paying around 3-5 M per for him. At those numbers he would certainly be valuable.

Oh stop. Dempster would be one of our two or three best starters and Soriano, despite his contract, would be second on our team in OPS.

All I gotta say is that the O's better be getting like $40M back in any kind of trade like this. Any minute now Soriano might remember that he's almost 37 and over his last four years has an OBP just north of Deivi Cruz, and he's getting paid $17M a year for it.

Just passing along a tid-bit a friend of mine who lives in Chicago told me..He's has no sources just second hand info he heard on the radio out there...

Can you give us some more context on this? When you say "heard on the radio," that could mean he heard a sports reporter say "Sources say this trade is brewing..." Or it could mean he heard a caller on a sports talk show say "Hey, I came up with a random trade idea, how about..." Which was it?

A trade like this is exactly what we need. It is basiclly Strop for Dempster. Im fine with that I think Arritea could be a stud 8th inning arm. We keep all our prospects which could be then used to land Headley. I would throw in a prospect if we could land DeJesus although im fine with Soriano. I would then package Matusz and prospects and bring in Headley and Richard or Volquez. I think that gives us a real shot.

A trade like this is exactly what we need. It is basiclly Strop for Dempster. Im fine with that I think Arritea could be a stud 8th inning arm. We keep all our prospects which could be then used to land Headley. I would throw in a prospect if we could land DeJesus although im fine with Soriano. I would then package Matusz and prospects and bring in Headley and Richard or Volquez. I think that gives us a real shot.

Wow: That sounds yummy!

Archived