Dempster going to Atlanta

Kinvan

The only way this affects the Orioles is that it hurts the Nationals. ;) That rumors that had us in on him? It was never the case .

I think we were in on him, but I don't think he had any interest in coming here. After all, why would you agree to leave the Cubs to come to the AL East and pitch in OPACY the last two months before signing your last sizable contract? Not a very wise business decision. It's smart of him to stay in the NL.

The only way this affects the Orioles is that it hurts the Nationals. ;) That rumors that had us in on him? It was never the case .

One less team in on Grienke. That is the guy who I am curious to see what it costs, him turning down 20m+ from the Brewers seems like he is saying he is a free agent no matter what at the end of the season.

This is important for the Orioles because it starts to shape the market which is new due to the lack of draft pick compensation.

yes Good point. I just never thought we were in on him. Probably wrong though. I figured that the rumors was just a made up onw.

I think we were in on him, but I don't think he had any interest in coming here. After all, why would you agree to leave the Cubs to come to the AL East and pitch in OPACY the last two months before signing your last sizable contract? Not a very wise business decision. It's smart of him to stay in the NL.

Because he wants to win the World Series of course.

yes Good point. I just never thought we were in on him. Probably wrong though. I figured that the rumors was just a made up onw.

I just assume that DD has at least called every GM and at least mentioned every prospect or trade out there. More than AM ever did! I think DD is multi-tasking and checking out EVERY potential trade.

If this trade does go down, it's a pretty decent return for a guy who's probably gonna turn right back around and resign with them as a free agent in the off season.

Really good return-- I was really impressed with Delgado when he faced us and I'm surprised the Braves are giving up on him especially when he's not having that bad of a year. Depending on who the other prospect is it's a really good deal/absolute steal for the Cubs. If I were a Braves fan I'd be pissed, especially after what happened in their last big deadline deal (Teixeira).

Really good return-- I was really impressed with Delgado when he faced us and I'm surprised the Braves are giving up on him especially when he's not having that bad of a year. Depending on who the other prospect is it's a really good deal/absolute steal for the Cubs. If I were a Braves fan I'd be pissed, especially after what happened in their last big deadline deal (Teixeira).

Theo has skilz.

Archived