vs. YANKEES 7/30

OFFNY

I do not think Buck is very effective at dealing with situation that snowball on him. He'll have a starter start the 7th inning at or near 100 pitches and he won't have anyone up in the bullpen. the starter will start to get wild, walk a guy, give up a hit, then he starts to get the bullpen up. Then someone hits a bomb or they collect a couple more hits and suddenly a run or two are in and there are guys on base and now the reliever comes in. The reliever then gives up the inherited runners and new ball game, all because Buck didn't have someone up just in case.

Either way, let's hop JJ can save this thing. My faith in him is shaken but not broken...yet!

As you know, as Frobby may have said, Buck takes great pride in only getting guys up if he will really use them. He may be too conservative in getting guys up because of that. And that could hurting us.

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I do not think Buck is very effective at dealing with situation that snowball on him. He'll have a starter start the 7th inning at or near 100 pitches and he won't have anyone up in the bullpen. the starter will start to get wild, walk a guy, give up a hit, then he starts to get the bullpen up. Then someone hits a bomb or they collect a couple more hits and suddenly a run or two are in and there are guys on base and now the reliever comes in. The reliever then gives up the inherited runners and new ball game, all because Buck didn't have someone up just in case.

Either way, let's hop JJ can save this thing. My faith in him is shaken but not broken...yet!

I see Frobby's side of it, but I lean with agreeing with you, Tony. He has him-haw-ed games away, waiting for a reliever to get ready. At least making them closer than they needed to be.

I'd still rather Buck push his starters. Just be ready when you are pushing.

Good lord. That's sad, Chris Davis.

"Buckle 'em up, sports fans." I've heard that same announcer say it twice in my life now, and his voice gets SO ANNOYING. I would rather punt a baby than hear that again. Oh my GOD. I'M ANGRY!

Archived