Does anyone else hate Oakland?

Moose Milligan

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I realize that their pitchers are good, but we've really screwed the pooch with all these double plays and the lack of clutch hitting and questionable base-running. Both of their starters looked hittable to me so far this series.

I agree. They were solid but nothing special.

We hate Oakland because their players don't seem to be that much better than ours, but they always play better than ours. They get things right. They don't screw up, they don't make boneheaded errors and they play good defense. They're extremely boring. And the Coliseum makes our players look like idiots. They highlight everything that's wrong with us and make us look like a bunch of high schoolers.

We hate Oakland because their players don't seem to be that much better than ours, but they always play better than ours. They get things right. They don't screw up, they don't make boneheaded errors and they play good defense. They're extremely boring. And the Coliseum makes our players look like idiots. They highlight everything that's wrong with us and make us look like a bunch of high schoolers.

The A's have 95 errors, the O's 99. Since the A's make about as many errors, I guess somehow the O's have a much higher percentage of "bonehead" errors? And by baseball reference they are about 11 runs ahead on baserunning, so that's a run every 14 or 15 games or so... I suppose if you caught just the right games you could see an effect there. But otherwise your post seems kind of over-the-top.

Archived