Does anyone else hate Oakland?

Moose Milligan

It's a weird, random team to hate, but I hate the A's. We play them a handful of times per year and I swear I can't name more than 3 players on their roster off the top of my head.

Cespedes

Brett Anderson

Josh Redick

Coco Crisp

Ok, so I can name 4 players, but thats about it.

They always play us really tough. Here's hoping we can lay the smackdown and at least take 2 of 3 this weekend after coming off an awesome series against Tampa.

Anyone else have an irrational hatred of Oakland?

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The O's and A's were pretty big rivals in the early 70s as they were the two elite teams in the American League (I believe they played in 4 straight ALCS?).

Anyway, I look at the A's as pretty benign generally and I don't have a problem with them but their stadium is atrocious and this weekend I'm out for blood.

The O's and A's were pretty big rivals in the early 70s as they were the two elite teams in the American League (I believe they played in 4 straight A.L.C.S. ?)

Anyway, I look at the A's as pretty benign generally and I don't have a problem with them but their stadium is atrocious and this weekend I'm out for blood.

3 out of 4 years. 1971, 1973, and 1974.

I don't hate Oakland, I just hate playing them.

It does irk me to this day that the '72-'74 A's won three straight World Series, while the '69-'71 Orioles could only win one. The '69-'71 Orioles were a much better team, but Oakland did it when it counted.

Oh yeah, and ask me this question again on Sunday evening.

No issue with the team, but their ballpark is probably my least favorite to watch on TV because it's terrible and it usually means the games don't start until after 10pm. I was in the Bay area last year for a week for work training. The A's played 5 games while I was there (2 vs. Texas and 3 vs Cleveland). Ordinarily I would jump at the chance to see a new ballpark for the first time. I didn't go. On the other hand, the Giants only played one home game while I was there on Friday night which I went to last minute even though it meant I would end up getting about four hours sleep before heading to the airport the next morning. Their ballpark is great and it was an exciting walk off win for the "other" black and orange team. Interestingly there were three former Orioles playing the infield that night for the Giants (Huff, Tejada and Fontenot) as well as future and now former Oriole Matt Lindstrom pitched an inning for the Rockies. Also was Mays' 80th birthday but I didn't get there in time for the statue replica giveaway.

Archived