vs BLUE JAYS 9/24 GAME TWO

Goober Noodles

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Chen pitches like he did in the first half, we win this in a walk. Instead, in September he has an ERA of 5.25 before tonight.

Chen's last 8 starts before this debacle:

Date 	Tm 	G 	GS 	GF 	CG 	Rslt 	Dec 	DR 	IP 	H 	R 	ER 	BB 	SO 	HR 	HBP 	ERA 	BF 	BA 	OBP 	SLG 	OPS 	BAbip 	Pit 	Str 	StL 	StS 	GB 	FB 	LD 	PU 	Unk 	GSc 	IR 	IS 	SB 	CS 	PO 	AB 	2B 	3B 	IBB 	GDP 	SF 	ROE 	aLI 	WPA 	RE248/9-9/18 BAL 	8 	8 	0 	0 	5-3 	W-L:2-3 	45.2 	53 	30 	28 	11 	38 	10 	1 	5.52 	201 	.285 	.325 	.516 	.841 	.307 	764 	69% 	17% 	10% 	0.62 		20% 	7% 	0 	46 		---% 	1 	0 	0 	186 	9 	2 	0 	2 	2 	1 	.97 	-0.470 	-6.59

Let's hope the Orioles have some late game magic, but this game is a disappointment. Romero is total crap and they can't get a timely hit to save their life. Of course some of has to do with buck starting Endy Chavez for some God awful reason, but either way, the team should never let a guy with that kind of control problems of the hook. To score just three runs off that guy in five innings is an embarrassment. It's baseball, and team's have games like this, but our offense is starting to go cold and it worries me.

It's hard for me to rip Buck whenHoes hasn't had an AB in 3 weeks. Chavez has been poor at the plate tonight but he has played well defensively. Obviously Ford would be in RF if he was healthy. JJ hit the ball well in the second but it was caught.

I agree there is a ton of pressure on the team. The reason the Yankees are immune to this pressure is that they have been in this situation every year for the last 18. Also, they have such a stacked lineup that there are very few easy outs. Meanwhile, we have Chavez, Andino, and Teagarden. There is a ton of pressure on the Orioles because the teams below them keep winning. We will see how they handle it but the Blue Jays are still a major league team and they still win 40% of their games. And before we criticize the Twins for doing nothing against Pettitte, let's not forget we have not done anything against Pettitte for almost two decades now.
. Guess I was sort of hoping he and Jeter wouldn't do it for the NEXT two decades too. Lol

Archived