Vs. Rays 10/1

waroriole

• Replies 973
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If it works out, Buck's decision is a great, gutsy call. So I don't buy everyone bashing Buck right now.

No, had it worked out, it would have defied all of the statistical information he had at his disposal that said bring the Ayala in to face Gimenez.

What does that have to do with anything. Even the best managers make mistakes and this was a clear mistake. Just because I like Buck as the manager is certainly not going to mean he's above critique when he screws up. Gimenez was batting .340 againts lefties this year and .103 against righties. It's literally criminal to let Chen pitch to him in the 7th when Ayala was warmed up and ready to go.

Did Chen pitch poorly last inning?

Yeah, that's Buck's M.O. Chen had not thrown that many pitches, but if I'm Buck, my bullpen is up once my starter hits the 7th inning. Any problems and I go matchup baseball.

I remember hearing Buck saying how he hates getting someone up and not using him. I'm completely with you though, I'd have double barrel waiting for me in the 7th.

It's like extreme penny pinching but with pitchers.

What does that have to do with anything. Even the best managers make mistakes and this was a clear mistake. Just because I like Buck as the manager is certainly not going to mean he's above critique when he screws up. Gimenez was batting .340 againts lefties this year and .103 against righties. It's literally criminal to let Chen pitch to him in the 7th when Ayala was warmed up and ready to go.

I agree Chen should have been lifted but it likely would have been Joyce with more power as matchup with Ayala. Still would have, tho.

I'll agree with the mid inning decision, but my comment was in response to someone who said Buck ALWAYS starts a pitcher in 7 innings and it's a mistake.

I'm rooting for the A's now. We need the Rays to lose hope and we have to hope the Red Sox AAA team can somehow squeeze out a win against the Yankees and go to the one game playoff. I don't want to play these damn Rays in this horrible excuse for a ball park in the Wild Card.

Archived