ALDS Game 2: Yankees @ Orioles "Singing in the Rain Part Deux"

Dipper9

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Honestly, I didn't think he was that far out of the base path. It was close but that call is almost never called at the plate. Wieters just made a poor judgement call on where to make the catch.

I don't think I have seen a play at the plate quite like that for a long time, it sure seemed like he traveled well away from the base path, I mean Matt is what 6'5" and layed completely out and still missed him as he went by...but the announcers never mentioned it, so I am guessing Ichiro was in the right...just seemed awful far. I know my voice is sore from screaming at the TV about it...

I never thought id change the cjannel of an orioles playoff game to a football game with 2 teams i dont care about. I cant stand watching this pathetically undesciplined offense go up against the most disciplined offense in the sport. Its embarassing

I feel your pain.

I think Matt Cavanaugh is the Orioles offensive strategist.

Well now it's Jones, Wieters and Reynolds up in the 2nd. The trio is a combined 18 for 120 over the last 11 games.

It's about time for them to show up and start getting some extra base hits. Adam is the highly paid player who needs to produce in the playoffs. Wieters has been AWFUL at the plate since coming back and needs to atone for his terrible miscue while Reynolds needs to show some of the form he displayed against the Yanks during the regular season...

By the part of that rule about "straight line from the runner to the base he is attempting to reach safely I'd say he wasn't fair game.

When he went by Matt he wasn't three feet away and if he was, it wasn't by much and its never called at home. Angel is terrible, but the fact is Matt Wieters made an error on the tag.

There is no baseline at the plate. As long as he doesn't leave the circle it's fair game.

Ok, if this is the case, then it makes more sense......regardless, that play is on Wieters, he should have had him.

Archived