vs Yankees Game 5

Satyr3206

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• I was about to say the same is there another roster move coming besides Coulombe coming off the IL.  Update: It’s posted finally.  
    • Kind of weird I still don’t see tonight’s lineup posted anywhere 
    • Yankees Designate Ron Marinaccio For Assignment. https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2024/09/yankees-designate-ron-marinaccio-for-assignment.html He has a pretty low ERA. I think he would be good pickup for this and next year.  It don't make sense to pass on an opportunity. He's better than Baker.
    • I imagine the goal is to get him available to just give them anything out of the pen in the wild card round. Depending on how that goes and if the O’s can advance who knows. 
    • The interesting thing about 1B is Mayo.     Elias keeps pushing Mayo at 3B.   But if Westburg is healthy he is better at 3B.   And they don't seem to play Mayo has much as they could at 1B where he might have a better chance at a regular job.    DH might be his best position. If Santander leaves, then Kjerstad probably gets an every day spot at RF.   Elias might want to see Kjerstad hit well in RF before he hands over 2B to Holliday.   Too many struggling rookies at the same time is not good for wins.   Mayo is  behind Kjerstad and Holliday IMO in getting a lot of playing time. However, developing Kjerstad, Holliday and Mayo  are key parts of the O's future no  matter how Elias develops them.
    • Walker is definitely an upgrade over Mountcastle.  Walker has cleared an .800 OPS the past three seasons.  Mountcastle has only done it once -- his rookie year.  Plus Mountcastle hasn't even cleared 20 homers since 2022.  Mountcastle is good in a platoon, used against lefties, but otherwise he's fallen off. Walker is 33, which is a bit of a risk, but which makes me think he could be had on a short term deal.  That said I think the O's will have competition for Walker.  He's one of the most underrated bats in the league.   If the O's think Kjerstad can play 1B then I think they should maybe go with him and look for a new RF (unless they bring back Santander, which seems more unlikely now).  But I don't know about Kjerstad's glove there. Mayo's glove at 1B may be even more questionable than Kjerstad's.  Plus Mayo just hasn't shown he's ready with his bat yet.  I'm against assuming guys will figure out how to hit MLB pitching within a presumed timeframe.  Mayo hasn't shown he's there yet.  Let him work his way into the lineup rather than giving him a starting job.  But with him there's also the issue of where his defense plays best, or if it plays anywhere.
  • Popular Contributors