Report: Morosi says a source links us with Hamilton and Ross

Conway12

After the Teixeira outcome and, especially, the Fielder outcome, I don't see how you can honestly believe this. Maybe, maybe, it happens, but nothing that has transpired so far this offseason should give you the idea that the O's are an increasingly likely landing spot for Hamilton.

The only way Hamilton lands in Baltimore is if the Orioles pay him significantly more than anyone else is willing to pay him. This would obviously be a poor decision, one DD is not going to make. If a somewhat ambivalent market suppresses his price to the point where it makes sense for the Orioles to consider Hamilton (something like 5/100), another team with more cash on hand will swoop in and sign him. The notion that the Orioles will sign Hamilton to a reasonable contract is pure fantasy.

I agree with everything expect this part. I simply think the O's need to be the highest bidder but not necessarily by some huge margin. Doesn't seem to be any reason to suggest Hamilton wouldn't want to play in Baltimore. It's not like we haven't had a winning season if 14yrs or something. We fall under the all important "I want to play for a contender" category now. Sorta nice. :D

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply
After the Teixeira outcome and, especially, the Fielder outcome, I don't see how you can honestly believe this. Maybe, maybe, it happens, but nothing that has transpired so far this offseason should give you the idea that the O's are an increasingly likely landing spot for Hamilton.

The only way Hamilton lands in Baltimore is if the Orioles pay him significantly more than anyone else is willing to pay him. This would obviously be a poor decision, one DD is not going to make. If a somewhat ambivalent market suppresses his price to the point where it makes sense for the Orioles to consider Hamilton (something like 5/100), another team with more cash on hand will swoop in and sign him. The notion that the Orioles will sign Hamilton to a reasonable contract is pure fantasy.

Not saying you're wrong, but why would the Oriole s have to pay significantly more to sign Hamilton? Are you saying if it came down to Seattle, Boston, and Baltimore, those other two are more of an attractive situation? A playoff team would have to significantly overpay, to get that player to choose them over two last place teams? In years past I would agree. But I dont see your logic this time.

The only way Hamilton lands in Baltimore is if the Orioles pay him significantly more than anyone else is willing to pay him.

We don't suck right now. I don't think he's considering our Pythagorean W/L when considering his landing spot. We have a great stadium, great fans, and a good ball club led by one of the best managers in the league. He should be glad to play for Baltimore. Remember when he hit four HRs and the crowd applauded and showed their appreciation for an outstanding performance? He acknowledged that after the game. These things matter.

What does Boston have that we don't? If our offers are identical, why wouldn't he choose us?

One Orioles person has suggested to Heyman that Hamilton would be a good fit in Baltimore, but another person downplayed Baltimore’s interest. While the Brewers and Mariners have some interest, it would be challenging for those clubs to afford Hamilton. Heyman suggests the market for Hamilton could remain murky for a while and become a “bona fide mystery market.”

9 42 9 78

Read more at http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/baltimore_orioles/#lV3hcTkPfRIBQ1Fk.99

Update... I like the 1st part!

Update... I like the 1st part!

Not picking on you Johnny, as you're just passing along the news, but these "insider reports" kill me. So in essence, Heyman is saying the Orioles may or may not be interested? That's some great scoop Heyman!

Wait, I got one. I predict the Orioles will repeat next year, except they will win the AL East.....or they may regress back to the past decade. Can I sit on the panel on the MLB Network too?

Not picking on you Johnny, as you're just passing along the news, but these "insider reports" kill me. So in essence, Heyman is saying the Orioles may or may not be interested? That's some great scoop Heyman!

Wait, I got one. I predict the Orioles will repeat next year, except they will win the AL East.....or they may regress back to the past decade. Can I sit on the panel on the MLB Network too?

Heyman is the official mouthpiece of the Boras group, so I usually ignore anything he says about where big name free agents are going.

Im on my cell, so linking things is a pain. Just read a Boston article, where the writer suggests Hamilton might be willing to take a 1/30 deal to play in Boston. I kinda thought maybe..until he said he knew that wasnt the multi year deal Hamilton wants at 25 mil per, but thats what the extra 5 is for. I hate the arrogance of the Boston media. Like playing with Boston is such an honor, that Hamilton would consider them for 1/30 over anyone else at 4/100?

Im on my cell, so linking things is a pain. Just read a Boston article, where the writer suggests Hamilton might be willing to take a 1/30 deal to play in Boston. I kinda thought maybe..until he said he knew that wasnt the multi year deal Hamilton wants at 25 mil per, but thats what the extra 5 is for. I hate the arrogance of the Boston media. Like playing with Boston is such an honor, that Hamilton would consider them for 1/30 over anyone else at 4/100?

Don't you think Josh should be a Cub? Really. Get it done Theo.

Especially playing for next year's Red Sox team. What ridiculous arrogance. Hamilton has nothing to prove that being one year older will answer. There will always be risks with him.

Especially playing for next year's Red Sox team. What ridiculous arrogance. Hamilton has nothing to prove that being one year older will answer. There will always be risks with him.

The only good thing is, it seem's even the team's that can spend, won't give Hamilton the years. If i'm DD, I jump in and say here's my offer, you have 24 hours to accept, or we have to move on.

I'd offer him something front loaded like..5 years at 28,28,25,25,14. That's 5/120 mil. I think that's a fair deal, and we're paying up front for more likely production.

Archived