Report: Morosi says a source links us with Hamilton and Ross

Conway12

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Except that all of the Yankees current actions mesh with their stance.

Thats true. But wouldnt you say Hamilton is an upgrade over Swisher? And they get a draft pick for Swisher and Kuroda now. Ive been naive enough to Angelos everytime hes told us hed do it. Im not falling into the Yankees trap. I hope you are right. I just dont want to open myself up for a double whammy, you know.

Thats true. But wouldnt you say Hamilton is an upgrade over Swisher? And they get a draft pick for Swisher and Kuroda now. Ive been naive enough to Angelos everytime hes told us hed do it. Im not falling into the Yankees trap. I hope you are right. I just dont want to open myself up for a double whammy, you know.

What makes you think they get a draft pick for Kuroda?

Is there a particular reason you ignored my question?

Sorry just saw it. No not giving Kuroda a 2 year deal doesnt prove anything. They could go out and replace Swisher with Upton or Hamilton and Kuroda with Grienke or Dempster or Jackson. I dont trust anything they say.

Sorry just saw it. No not giving Kuroda a 2 year deal doesnt prove anything. They could go out and replace Swisher with Upton or Hamilton and Kuroda with Grienke or Dempster or Jackson. I dont trust anything they say.

So the fact that they will go 1 year 16 million but not 2 years with a lower annual amount doesn't show a desire to get under the 2014 threshold? Even though he was one of their more reliable pitchers last year.

I think nothing short of them being under the threshold when it is calculated in 2014 will convince you.

So the fact that they will go 1 year 16 million but not 2 years with a lower annual amount doesn't show a desire to get under the 2014 threshold? Even though he was one of their more reliable pitchers last year.

I think nothing short of them being under the threshold when it is calculated in 2014 will convince you.

I wanna be wrong. Like I said, that team cant be trusted. And your righf, ill believe it when i see it.

As for Hamilton, the Phillies were said to be a team interested, but MLB network is saying BJ Upton is their #1 priority. Seems it may come down to the Mariners and O's if everything else is true.

Watch the last-minute involvement of the Yankees, or another whale-shark team. Detroit, Boston, Anaheim... or even Texas. I think there will be some late-stage maneuvering by teams that no reporter has really talked much about, or given any shrift to. And the final winner of the Josh sweepstakes will be a minor surprise. (I for one hope it's the Orioles, but my gut says no.) Just speculating, obviously, but we've seen this script so many times. It's like the really hot girl at the dance walking toward the nerd... (She's really coming to ask ME to dance!) and at the last second he realizes he's standing in front of the punch bowl and she asks him to politely step aside. (Not that this ever happened to me in 7th grade, with a girl named Kirsten.)

Didnt he reject their offer? I thought under new CBA they get a supplemental pick now? Is that wrong? Not really sure.

Explanation of Qualifying Offers

Yankee's gave him a "qualifying offer". If he rejects it and signs with another team, the team signing him loses it's 1st round pick; 2nd round pick if it's a 'protected' pick. Protected picks are the top 10 picks in the 1st round.

The pick that is given up goes unused and the 1st round gets condensed. The team who lost the FA (Yankee's) get a compensation pick at the end of the 1st round.

As for Hamilton, the Phillies were said to be a team interested, but MLB network is saying BJ Upton is their #1 priority. Seems it may come down to the Mariners and O's if everything else is true.

After the Teixeira outcome and, especially, the Fielder outcome, I don't see how you can honestly believe this. Maybe, maybe, it happens, but nothing that has transpired so far this offseason should give you the idea that the O's are an increasingly likely landing spot for Hamilton.

The only way Hamilton lands in Baltimore is if the Orioles pay him significantly more than anyone else is willing to pay him. This would obviously be a poor decision, one DD is not going to make. If a somewhat ambivalent market suppresses his price to the point where it makes sense for the Orioles to consider Hamilton (something like 5/100), another team with more cash on hand will swoop in and sign him. The notion that the Orioles will sign Hamilton to a reasonable contract is pure fantasy.

Archived