Olney thinks Jonny Gomes and the O's could be a fit.

Greg

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The problem with that idea is that we would essentially have 2 roster spots devoted to DH since neither of them should be played in the field on a regular basis.

That's not that big a deal. It's not like either one of them is an Ortiz/Guerrero type that literally can NOT play in the field under any circumstance.

That being said, now that we know it is 2/10, that was too much money. I'm curious to see how that affects Nate McLouth's price tag.

A 2/10 deal for a useful player isn't at all crazy. It may not be a great deal, but for a team with resources it's a drop in the bucket.

I would've liked to see Gomes here myself. Him and Betemit would have been an awesome DH. And like fearthenoodle said, they could play the field in a pinch if necessary.

That's not that big a deal. It's not like either one of them is an Ortiz/Guerrero type that literally can NOT play in the field under any circumstance.

That being said, now that we know it is 2/10, that was too much money. I'm curious to see how that affects Nate McLouth's price tag.

He obviously made some money with that one. We are evidently still interested in him.

Archived