It's a New Year, let's turn the page here at the Hangout!

Tony-OH

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sapper!

Yes! Sapper was an original one-track guy, no matter what the conversation or what the event we were discussing his posts always came back to the evil that is Peter Angelos. I'd imagine he'd be even more angry now, knowing (by his reckoning) that Ol' Pete lucked into a playoff run despite his malevolence and outright disdain for the fanbase.

I'd argue with Sapper a lot, but he was probably more right than wrong.

I'm not trying to kiss anyone's rear end, but some of you people need to take a step back and breath. Tony makes a great gesture to give amnesty to past banned posters, and somehow that gets twisted by some people who want to be critical? Its ridiculous. Its also THE number one reason why all of the Angelos bashing gets under my skin. I swear Angelos could have signed Greinke, Hamilton, and traded Brian Roberts for Albert Pujols, and some people would still find reason to complain. (not that I'm comparing Tony to Peter, I'm just saying there are certain people that just cannot ever be satisfied, and they are making themselves known.)

Is Sonny (I hope I have the name right) still around? Even than he posted less than Big Bird or Belkast. But his info was very solid.

Love to have them all back and with a protected status. Criticzing posts especially from free posters should result in an infraction and banning for a second.

I hate to jump in on the losing side of an argument, but isn't this kind of what RZNJ is talking about? The dude didn't badmouth you, but you give him a sarcastic response just because he showed someone else support? I love the site, have been lurking on it since 2004 or so (whatever it says under my name), and I have only had direct interaction with you once over the years when I made a joke (not at your expense), which resulted in being insulted about being one of those people with less than 500 posts, therefore implying I must be here to cause trouble.

Anyways, this thread is a nice gesture, and there are some people I hope to see back posting that I remember from over the years. Even after his hiatus, would SG still have the most posts of anyone here? And while they weren't banned, bring back BigBird and Belkast - I need some more FWIW!

So I can't respond? By the way, please show me the post where I insulted anyone because they didn't have 500 or more posts. I don't do that and in fact, I'm usually getting on some of our regulars for doing those kinds of things. I'm pretty sure you are not telling the whole situation which seems to go on par with your thought process. Look, I don't really give a crap if you like me or how I run things. I care about the people who want to be a good member of our community and who want to follow the rules. Whiners who come on here and want to attack how things are run are not a good fit for our community. Quite simply, if you felt disrespected at some time and hold a grudge, that's on you. I honestly have no idea who you and if you don't like how things are run, feel free to go elsewhere. There are lots of places on the internet to talk O's and all of them but this place are run by people other than me.

I'm not trying to kiss anyone's rear end, but some of you people need to take a step back and breath. Tony makes a great gesture to give amnesty to past banned posters, and somehow that gets twisted by some people who want to be critical? Its ridiculous. Its also THE number one reason why all of the Angelos bashing gets under my skin. I swear Angelos could have signed Greinke, Hamilton, and traded Brian Roberts for Albert Pujols, and some people would still find reason to complain. (not that I'm comparing Tony to Peter, I'm just saying there are certain people that just cannot ever be satisfied, and they are making themselves known.)

Some people just don't like authority, and others are just jerks. :D Seriously though, I've been doing this a long time and have learned that you have to take the criticism with the accolades. Most of the people who criticize will normally venture off somewhere else and no one will notice. Thanks for the support though, even if you do leave epic games early. ;)

Is Sonny (I hope I have the name right) still around? Even than he posted less than Big Bird or Belkast. But his info was very solid.

Love to have them all back and with a protected status. Criticzing posts especially from free posters should result in an infraction and banning for a second.

Bigbird was a good guy overall who supported the Hangout in its infancy. Unfortunately he had paper thin skin when it came to people questioning his information. He needed to learn that not everyone, no matter how much time and effort you put into someting, are going to like what you do. It's the nature of people.

I would criticize Angelos a whole lot less if DD had done the stuff you mention in this thread. I was a big Angelos fan the first few years after he bought the team. I'd like to see a signs these days that he actually cares for winning more than making money.

That said I don't get the parallel of Tony's new year , 2nd chance program and folks being critical of Angelos. How can anyone be happy with Angelos up to this point. I still believe he meddles in the operations of the team. I still don't see additions that aren't anything other than dumpster diving for reclamation projects and a few moderately priced low risk type free agents ( mostly international). When all is done he will go down as one of the worse MLB owners of all times.

I have had a handful of infractions over the years ...but don't believe I ever came close to getting banned. That said I believe Tony is fair and reasonable after his initial reaction. I conveyed his olive branch several months ago to Sportsguy personally at BS&L and it was met with hostility and conditions that I couldn't even see as reasonable. I told him Tony had a open door (email) and left it at that.

Bigbird was a good guy overall who supported the Hangout in its infancy. Unfortunately he had paper thin skin when it came to people questioning his information. He needed to learn that not everyone, no matter how much time and effort you put into someting, are going to like what you do. It's the nature of people.

I agree he was sensative to say the very least. One thing I like about Miller is that he often shares info by PM to avoid such issues.

Some people just don't like authority, and others are just jerks. :D Seriously though, I've been doing this a long time and have learned that you have to take the criticism with the accolades. Most of the people who criticize will normally venture off somewhere else and no one will notice. Thanks for the support though, even if you do leave epic games early. ;)

Why you no good.... dirty.... rotten.... SOB! It was a friggin Hurricane Man....A tornado was in the area! An earthquake had rocked Eutaw Street!

:D

Why you no good.... dirty.... rotten.... SOB! It was a friggin Hurricane Man....A tornado was in the area! An earthquake had rocked Eutaw Street!

:D

Did you make it home in time to see the finish?

Oh well. I am sure you have seen it a thousand time since.

Archived