It's a New Year, let's turn the page here at the Hangout!

Tony-OH

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A blast from the past is coming back. Heck, even I was surprised at this one.

BTW, I would like to put this one out there: If there is one poster I wish would come back it was the poster Alsigko. I completely screwed up during a back and forth with him and honestly, he's the one guy I've always felt bad that left. So Al, if you are out there, I'm sorry. Stop by and say hello.

It would be nice to have alsigko back. Not sure where he got his information, but he was spot on with guys like Joey Votto and Dustin Pedroia early in their minor league careers. Also a nice and responsive guy with PMs.

Tony, a nice gesture in this thread on your part. We all live and learn - the good posters and the immature ones.

BTW, I do not know who was banned and who wasn't, but IMO this "welcome back" gesture should also be extended to folks who weren't banned but decided to move on as long as some folks are being tracked down. Guys like Mackus, mweb, markpolis, they carried informed opinions and discussed and disagreed with enthusiasm and respect.

I did 28.8. Stepped up to 33.6! :P

Back in the day, dualband would get you a whopping 112k! :) 1997, wow....was it just him and Tony then? I kid, I kid................maybe.

Edit: I would be interested in who the inaugural members where....the first 25 or so....would be interesting to see who is still around.

I don't have the time or the desire to post on message boards regularly anymore but I just had to jump in here to partake in some of this reminiscing about the old times.

Southernbird was one of the all time classic posters and Orioles Jim is a legend of legends. Looking back over that weed thread was like peering into a time capsule - AmaralFan, MChance, Mackus, ChrisAF79, Coker, Squeeze, bigDave, Tank, ledzepp and all the other great old timers.

I miss all the old chats with those guys, we had some great fun back in the day. BillySmith with his goth girl obsessions. AmaralFan with his never ending hookup stories and future ambitions to become President of the USA. BaltBird24 with his hilarious dry sense of humor. Arch being Jason's wing man. MChance with his swole physique. BobMC just being crazy as always. SouthernBird going nuts and getting banned every couple of weeks. Scott just being a cool dude in general. John Domen living in an apartment above a bar. BRobinsonfan always bringing his smart, well informed opinion to every thread. SuperBoller accusing everyone of being a racist in every thread. Stan being the funny curmudgeon. Hank Scorpio having an endless chain of hot girlfriends. Monkey Pumpers and Scottiebaseball being a hilarious comedy duo. Mashed Potatoes and Icterus Galbula bringing the super witty sarcasm. Hatter with his great taste in music. Hardballs getting super angry and writing stream of consciousness tirades with no punctuation and terrible spelling. Brookboyz with his stories about playing in the minors. Mefogus with his anime inspired avatar and dry yet very well informed posts. Journeyfan with his avatar creation skills (check out my Bob Dylan one for proof). Doobydoo with his movie obsession. Objectivity with his brilliant insight. I'm sure I'm forgetting some other Hangout legends as well, who have I missed?

Oh man, and how could I forget BOOZE! Every post of his was about getting wasted and hooking up with chicks, with some kind of baseball tangent involved. Didn't he once offer to go scout Loewen at his college so that he could also check out the chicks there?

We had some awesome AIM chats and Myspace wall posts back in the days when people still did that stuff.

We had a hangout get together in 2001 or so with BoogBBQFan, Mackus, PaulFolk, jiminnj and maybe some others. And BustaJ was part of the gang too at later meetups. Great times.

It almost made it kind of cool to have no life when you had all these other people to share it with :D

I hope some of those guys are lurking in this thread and just post to say hi for old time?s sake.

I don't have the time or the desire to post on message boards regularly anymore but I just had to jump in here to partake in some of this reminiscing about the old times.

Southernbird was one of the all time classic posters and Orioles Jim is a legend of legends. Looking back over that weed thread was like peering into a time capsule - AmaralFan, MChance, Mackus, ChrisAF79, Coker, Squeeze, bigDave, Tank, ledzepp and all the other great old timers.

I miss all the old chats with those guys, we had some great fun back in the day. BillySmith with his goth girl obsessions. AmaralFan with his never ending hookup stories and future ambitions to become President of the USA. BaltBird24 with his hilarious dry sense of humor. Arch being Jason's wing man. MChance with his swole physique. BobMC just being crazy as always. SouthernBird going nuts and getting banned every couple of weeks. Scott just being a cool dude in general. John Domen living in an apartment above a bar. BRobinsonfan always bringing his smart, well informed opinion to every thread. SuperBoller accusing everyone of being a racist in every thread. Stan being the funny curmudgeon. Hank Scorpio having an endless chain of hot girlfriends. Monkey Pumpers and Scottiebaseball being a hilarious comedy duo. Mashed Potatoes and Icterus Galbula bringing the super witty sarcasm. Hatter with his great taste in music. Hardballs getting super angry and writing stream of consciousness tirades with no punctuation and terrible spelling. Brookboyz with his stories about playing in the minors. Mefogus with his anime inspired avatar and dry yet very well informed posts. Journeyfan with his avatar creation skills (check out my Bob Dylan one for proof). Doobydoo with his movie obsession. Objectivity with his brilliant insight. I'm sure I'm forgetting some other Hangout legends as well, who have I missed?

Oh man, and how could I forget BOOZE! Every post of his was about getting wasted and hooking up with chicks, with some kind of baseball tangent involved. Didn't he once offer to go scout Loewen at his college so that he could also check out the chicks there?

We had some awesome AIM chats and Myspace wall posts back in the days when people still did that stuff.

We had a hangout get together in 2001 or so with BoogBBQFan, Mackus, PaulFolk, jiminnj and maybe some others. And BustaJ was part of the gang too at later meetups. Great times.

It almost made it kind of cool to have no life when you had all these other people to share it with :D

I hope some of those guys are lurking in this thread and just post to say hi for old time?s sake.

BOOZE remains my internet message board hero!

On another note, how's Austin these days? Expat here...

I nominate Yuds for the Elephant memory award! Good God man, you have an amazing ability to remember so many things about people. That's a gift.

Archived