It's a New Year, let's turn the page here at the Hangout!

Tony-OH

Well that can you get you banned as well. But as this is supposed to be a forget the past thread perhaps another thread could be created for constructive feedback to the site managers?

I think the point was send them a PM if you've got criticisms.

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well that can you get you banned as well. But as this is supposed to be a forget the past thread perhaps another thread could be created for constructive feedback to the site managers?

I don't know what moderator originally banned or for what, but I'm guessing this is not your best way back into the community's good graces, and especially not back on the moderators' good side. If you were banned for something you said in PM, you must've seriously crossed the line. If you have moderation issues, take that up with the moderator who you had a disagreement with offline, and if that don't work you can always plead your case to me. I'm going to support my moderators in the vast majority of case, but at the same time, we can make mistakes as well and I've reversed decisions before. If your problem is with me, then again, address it to me offline. I've also reversed my own decision after having a good conversation with the poster. Cursing us out is probably not your best tact. ;) Plus it's already been done multiple times.

I moderated a site for a couple of years and never had a problem with more than a couple of people. But it was a dog site and 99 percent of the posters were women. I think it makes it a lot easier. Sports sites are probably the worst because everyone get's so worked up and everyone thinks they know the solutions to a teams problems. The Ravens have made the playoffs 5 straight years and you should read how people talk about the management of that team.

I think it is easy to criticize people others when you don't know them or have never met them. Like I used to hate Angelos but then I became a member the Symphony and found out how much money he gives to them and I see that he gave 10 million to U of B law school for a new building and how he paid for the public pools to stay open and how he hasn't raised ticket prices in 5 years and paid for big contracts for Markakis, Jones, etc etc and you realize maybe he is a better person than other owners and we are not just seeing things in a big picture mode.

I

I don't know what moderator originally banned or for what, but I'm guessing this is not your best way back into the community's good graces, and especially not back on the moderators' good side. If you were banned for something you said in PM, you must've seriously crossed the line. If you have moderation issues, take that up with the moderator who you had a disagreement with offline, and if that don't work you can always plead your case to me. I'm going to support my moderators in the vast majority of case, but at the same time, we can make mistakes as well and I've reversed decisions before. If your problem is with me, then again, address it to me offline. I've also reversed my own decision after having a good conversation with the poster. Cursing us out is probably not your best tact. ;) Plus it's already been done multiple times.

I don't even remember who banned me. And I am not complaining about anything.

I think the point that is being made, and one that I have learned the hard way, is that issues that are not related to baseball or the Orioles go in the Rants or Hangout Club. Issues between posters and between Moderation and posters should be held offline. Many of you have my phone number. Most of you know my personal email. All of you should know my weams [at] orioleshangout dot com. My PM box is not full. Criticisms are made in public for many reason, but Tony has stated, and I concur, that these types of suggestions need to be made offline. Posting them in a thread is usually done to drum up support and create controversy. Because this is a moderated, closed community, that is the way it should be. And I and well as others should never do that. The mob rules don't apply here. Tony rules the roost. There are plenty of awful places to post. Tony's method has kept this place pretty clean and interesting for a long time.

So do we know who has come back?

Oh man, I just linked to the Bikini thread and spent the past half hour reliving that experience. Good times....good times.

Of importance in that thread, what ever happened to blueberryale? She was a good poster. Did she leave on her own? Get bored with us?

Oh man, I just linked to the Bikini thread and spent the past half hour reliving that experience. Good times....good times.

Of importance in that thread, what ever happened to blueberryale? She was a good poster. Did she leave on her own? Get bored with us?

Yes, Yes, Yes. As with others, real life got in the way of Hangoutship.

Yes, Yes, Yes. As with others, real life got in the way of Hangoutship.

People just need to get their priorities straight.

Real life is only what happens between the last day of the World Series and the first day of Spring Training. Oh, and the GM meetings in November. And the winter meetings in December. And the first few weeks of free agency. And...

Real life is only what happens between the last day of the World Series and the first day of Spring Training. Oh, and the GM meetings in November. And the winter meetings in December. And the first few weeks of free agency. And...

Well then, I guess that means the Orioles are taking a nap at the moment! :wedge:

I've tried to explain this to my wife....over, and over and over again.:noidea:

With blueberry? Nah, she was good people.

My brain rejects the idea of more than a small handful of women existing on the internet at any given time. Accordingly, I read your comment as "Nah, it was a good ham radio."

Either way, my brain finds itself confused.

Archived