Duquette says he was hoping to have JairJurrgens signed Thursday (Minor League Deal Signed)

Greg

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They had Britt on the radio and said something on the physical has come back real bad and DD is trying to reduce the guaranteed money.

So they lose less when he can't play?

If the medicals are real bad then why sign him at all?

It doesn't sound like something that will "get better".

Time to cut bait on this deal.

So they lose less when he can't play?

If the medicals are real bad then why sign him at all?

It doesn't sound like something that will "get better".

Time to cut bait on this deal.

maybe they have to get angelos to sign off on the deal and he has been busy the past 4 weeks and hasn't had time to sign off on it.

I hope not. Not for a deal of this size.

That would depress me more then them actually signing him.

Well Saunders said he got tired of waiting for someone to get back to him and spring training was starting so he had to sign the contract on the table. Maybe DD was waiting for angelos to get back to him on saunders as well.

Well Saunders said he got tired of waiting for someone to get back to him and spring training was starting so he had to sign the contract on the table. Maybe DD was waiting for angelos to get back to him on saunders as well.

I think Saunders was waiting for the same call that Reynolds was.

People still get Weiters and Reimhold wrong.

Spelling? My most knowledgeable Orioles friends don't even know how to say it right yet. I don't know myself. Does it sound almost like Jergen's, with a soft "g"? Do you pronounce it like "Yurr-yens"? And that's just his last name. I assume the first name is pronounced Jer - like short for Jerry.

Speaking of knees, with the advancement in materials and medicine, could a big league pitcher pitch with a knee replacement? Is there too much torque and strain to do so? Just from reading here and there it sounds like Jurrgens has some major knee issues.

I cannot imagine why you would want to pitch with a TKR (total knee replacement). They only last 15 years at most if not abused. A revision of a TKR is even worse. He is too young for a TKR voluntarily. I would imagine they would exhaust the PRP (plasma option) first. In fact if it is that bad I am surprised it isn't been done yet. I have had some patients who have had great success to date.

Archived