Showalter Likes What He Sees in T.J. McFarland

OFFNY

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Here is the way. DD and Buck decide that Matusz is more valuable to organization as a starter but he doesn't make the starting 5 so he is optioned to AAA to keep him stretched out.

Is Matusz worth $1.8M (?) starting in Norfolk? I don't think so when you would have Britton, Arrieta, Clark, Johnson, or Jurrjens ready to help.

Here is the way. DD and Buck decide that Matusz is more valuable to organization as a starter but he doesn't make the starting 5 so he is optioned to AAA to keep him stretched out.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I think the organization likes Matusz as a reliever, but we'll see.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I think the organization likes Matusz as a reliever, but we'll see.
Say wha????? Now, if SG signs on and speaks glowingly of Wildcard, I will know the apocalypse is coming ..... :rofl:
I said maybe! ;)

O

[video=youtube;WkqgDoo_eZE]

Well, McFarland could still find his way on to this team.

http://www.masnsports.com/school_of_roch/2013/03/the-mcfarland-debate.html

Asked if it's more difficult to carry one in the rotation or bullpen, Showalter said, "I wouldn't handicap either one. If anything, it's probably harder to keep them in the bullpen. They've got to pitch. They're going to pitch. And we didn't feel like we had to protect Ryan, even though we were a little cautious early on.

....and this:

McFarland might have a better chance of making the club if Brian Matusz wins the fifth starter competition. McFarland could go to the bullpen as a second lefty. Otherwise, the Orioles would have to remove Tommy Hunter, who's out of options, and let McFarland be the long man in the 'pen.

Archived