As JJ Hardy Struggles at ST Will Orioles Reconsider A Trade?

section18

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hardy as of yesterday was 1-18 at ST and Flaherty continues to play pretty well at SS and show some power. Detroit and Arizona had expressed an interest earlier.

I doubt that the Orioles will overreact to Hardy's slow start in spring training.

No, spring training won't change Buck's mind about Hardy. And, he's only struck out once, so I'm not sure whether he's just hit into some bad luck in his 21 AB, or whether he isn't making good contact, but it's not like he can't catch up to a pitch. Frankly I'm more worried about Betemit, who has 11 K's already.

Yeah, they'll definitely trade him.........if anyone will take him. 1-21 in ST pretty much means he's done, right? With that $7.5M price tag over each of the next 2 years, we'll have a hard time moving a SS who hits under .100. Just plug Flaherty and his .933 OPS in the every day lineup.

Unfortunately, Betemit is in the same boat. He's 3-23, with a .421 OPS..........there goes the LH bat in our DH platoon.

The good news is that Pearce, Wieters, and Ford look like easy MVP candidates, with OPS's over 1.300.

Yeah, they'll definitely trade him.........if anyone will take him. 1-21 in ST pretty much means he's done, right? With that $7.5M price tag over each of the next 2 years, we'll have a hard time moving a SS who hits under .100. Just plug Flaherty and his .933 OPS in the every day lineup.

Unfortunately, Betemit is in the same boat. He's 3-23, with a .421 OPS .......... there goes the LH bat in our DH platoon.

The good news is that Pearce, Wieters, and Ford look like easy MVP candidates, with OPS's over 1.300.

Hey, there's an idea. We can trade Hardy and have Betemit play shortstop. Wilson isn't hitting, but at least we can use him for his defense in the middle of the infield. He can't be any worse than Hardy is in that category.

I think Duq will always consider trades to help the organization. Some team would have to overpay for Hardy. He's the field general /rock of this team , & Buck won't let go too easily.

The only field general is Wieters...Hardy is a good SS but obviously Manny is the future long term SS of the Os.

The only field general is Wieters...Hardy is a good SS but obviously Manny is the future long term SS of the Os.

Long term, yes, but Hardy really is a superb defensive SS and Manny's terrific at 3B, and I don't think Buck's in any hurry. It's pretty telling that Manny hasn't played a single inning at SS this spring even though Hardy has only started 9 games. That tells you where Buck's head is at right now.

Hardy as of yesterday was 1-18 at ST and Flaherty continues to play pretty well at SS and show some power. Detroit and Arizona had expressed an interest earlier.

I sure hope not. I don't believe you can judge players by ST stats. IMO

Since most on OH don't want to trade any of our young pitching which is as plentiful as food at most Thanksgiving Dinners we will have to trade an everyday player along with one or two of our young pitchers not slated for the HOF. If the Orioles are serious about making the playoffs again we need another right handed power bat added to our lineup. I know ST stats don't mean a lot but often times hitters and pitchers spring performances carry over to the regular season. Who has a better record than the Orioles in ST? Surprise! Tampa and KC. Better pitching leads to more wins and Tampa always has the pitching and the Royals got better over the winter. Hardy is the most likely candidate of the regulars to be dealt. Like it or not.

Archived