Jason Hammel Today, 2013

OFFNY

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hammel got his E.R.A. under 5 today (4.98), and his W.H.I.P. under 1.5 (1.46.)

He improved his record on the season to 7-2 overall, and he is now 6-0 in his career against the Nationals.

I was at the game. Hammel sat 93-95 all day and threw a ton of strikes. The Nats' lineup without Werth and Harper is laughably bad, so it's hard to judge Hammel's outing by AL standards.

Yeah the velocity was definitely encouraging.

Too many walks, too many pitches early. Needs a quick inning soon.

Well he got one.

Hammel was ejected today after facing 4 batters in the 4th inning without recording an out. The first 3 hit solo home runs and the 4th batter was unintentionally hit on a hanging slider. Sadly, the ump threw him out anyway.

Well he got one.

Hammel was ejected today after facing 4 batters in the 4th inning without recording an out. The first 3 hit solo home runs and the 4th batter was unintentionally hit on a hanging slider. Sadly, the ump threw him out anyway.

Umps are reactionary morons. I'm just sick of all of 'em.

Umps are reactionary morons. I'm just sick of all of 'em.

Sometimes and I know that they have a job to keep people safe, but when you want to hit someone you do not throw at the head and you do not throw a breaking ball. So not only do we get screwed out of 1-2 more innings of Hammel (even if it was a loss), but this game could easily have a major impact on the pitchers used tomorrow.

Archived