• Created
  • Last Reply

T.J. McFARLAND O (vs. D-RAYS, 8/20)

IP:. 2.67 *

H:o 4

R:O 4

BB: 1 **

SO: 0

Pitches: 35 (22 Strikes, 13 Balls) *** 31 (22 Strikes, 9 Balls)

2013 ERA: 4.68

* McFarland entered the game with runners on 1st and 3rd base and two outs.

** The Walk was Intentional

*** Minus the Intentional Walk

TJ did his job tonight despite the final line. He stranded the inherited runners for a change, and kept the game close by throwing 2.33 scoreless innings. He should have gotten a pat on the back for a job well done, instead of going back out for the 9th. Buck just has an uncanny ability to push pitchers too far this season.

TJ did his job tonight despite the final line. He stranded the inherited runners for a change, and kept the game close by throwing 2.33 scoreless innings. He should have gotten a pat on the back for a job well done, instead of going back out for the 9th. Buck just has an uncanny ability to push pitchers too far this season.

Yes.

It was 7 up, 7 down (the one infield single was eliminated by a double play) for McFarland before the 9th inning.

The biggest out was the first one that he got, when he entered the game with runners on 1st and 3rd base and 2 outs.

That out, plus the 6 additional ones that he got should have been plenty for him tonight.

Why does Buck insist on bringing him into games with runners on? I know he is the long man but why not, particularly in a one run game, bring in a one inning reliever to finish the current inning then bring TJ in to start the next inning?

I think tonight it was all about Cano, not that he can't hit lefties. It was either him or Gausman tonight.

They have other lefties in the pen that can face Cano. Why keep three of them all season if you are not willing to play individual matchups?

I don't think he wanted to matchup that early, 5th inning for one batter? I guess he could of went to Patton. Just be happy that September 1rst is two days away. Buck will manage differently the rest of the way. He needs to with our starters.

They have other lefties in the pen that can face Cano. Why keep three of them all season if you are not willing to play individual matchups?

It's not like we haven't used them all season but with the rosters expanding in a couple days, I think Buck could have been more proactive earlier in the game. That includes removing Gonzo a little earlier.

It's not like we haven't used them all season but with the rosters expanding in a couple days, I think Buck could have been more proactive earlier in the game. That includes removing Gonzo a little earlier.

We need about 3-4 guys up here who can be bridge guys. They better call some starters up here ASAP to get through the middle innings. I wish this game was on Sunday, might of made a difference with the expanded roster.

Archived