Arrieta starts Monday in Detroit

Rene88

I assume that's to induce labor. I seriously wonder if that has been discussed? Or maybe MiGo could leave the team before she actually goes into labor.

I am almost certain I heard on the radio this morning that she would be induced on the 19th if labor hadn't started by then. Which makes me wonder why he wouldn't just leave to be there now.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've been accused of being one of the most negative posters on this board. Lets give Jake another shot. I know he's been awful at

AAA but i've seen guys look like Sandy Koufax down there and get lit up in the majors.

Jake is capable. If he doesn't walk people and throws strikes

he can be as dominating as anyone. Trust me, knowing Jim Leyland well, I KNOW he would LOVE to have Jake in his organization.

He told me so personally. Not to say Jake will dominate, I think Scherzer wins but maybe he can compete for 5-6 innings and give us

a chance. Garcia does that occasionally, but not predictably.Im behind Jake in this one.

Welp, if there was any doubt left, there's the kiss of death. :)

I've been accused of being one of the most negative posters on this board. Lets give Jake another shot. I know he's been awful at

AAA but i've seen guys look like Sandy Koufax down there and get lit up in the majors.

he can be as dominating as anyone. Trust me, knowing Jim Leyland well, I KNOW he would LOVE to have Jake in his organization.

He told me so personally. Not to say Jake will dominate, I think Scherzer wins but maybe he can compete for 5-6 innings and give us

a chance. Garcia does that occasionally, but not predictably.Im behind Jake in this one.

Roy, there is a big difference between wanting Jake in the organization and wanting him to start for your team when you are in contention.

But this such a "crucial" game Roy! Why does it need to be wasted on Arrieta? ;):D

That being said, you never know, right? Jake has good career numbers against the current Tigers players and Machado and Davis are hitting a bit better then they were the last time we took two of three against them at Camden Yards.

As Frobby said, hopefully we can get to Scherzer, the three runs we got off him last time is probably as much as you can expect.

Well, then maybe there is a market for him after all. Like I said, I hope he pitches lights out vs one of the better lineups and we shop him around.

Please ask Leyland to ask Dombrowski to make an offer. I am certain the Orioles would seriously consider it.

I don't get the part that Jake is going to get shelled like he has all year. He has pitched 19 innings and has only given up 15 hits. He also has only given up 1 home run. The problem has not been guys hitting him hard it is him walking guys around the bases. He has walked 16 guys inthat time. He has a great k rate as well. He just has to start throwing the ball over the plate. The last 3 starts he has given up 3 hits or less in all of them for a total of 8 hits but has 14 walks.

Throw the ball over the plate Jake.

Please ask Leyland to ask Dombrowski to make an offer. I am certain the Orioles would seriously consider it.

I want to take Roy's story at face value, but I have a feeling that he left something out. For example, the point at which Mr. Leyland, with glassy-eyed innocence, meandered away from the Arrieta-compliments in favor of conducting an animated exchange with his plate of boiled cabbage (apparently the cabbage needed to be more aggressive).

(lolwut?)

(Leyland's kind of old...and Arrieta is terrible)

Archived