Orioles offical denies report

Tony-OH

If MacPhail and company are really still working on this deal, and massaging it (if you will) then I have no problem with what's going on. However, if this is just cloke and dagger stuff to make people think nothing is happening, and then the Orioles announce the same deal later, than its just complete BS! MacPhail and company need to worry about the Orioles, and let us common folk have our fun. I highly doubt the OH leaking this will alter anything with the trade. Gimme a break MacPhail.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I just wanted to put out there that an Orioles official has contacted the Hangout and denied this report and said "it is completely inaccurate."

Now this official has no reason to lie to me but then again, neither did the other contacts.

At this point all we can do is wait. We had two different sources from two different circles of baseball tell us this was a done deal, 100 percent. Now maybe the players are a bit off or something but there just seems to be way too much smoke for their not to be some fire.

All I can say is stay tuned and we will report what we hear.

Handling all the speculation and rumor with class, Tony. Thanks for the update.

what do you guys think about the possibility that AM is purposefully leaking the wrong information to certain people in his office in order to figure out which people keep leaking to the O's hangout? i doubt it but i thought it might make sense if AM is so concerned with leaks that he doesn't even have tiolets in his office. haha.

what do you guys think about the possibility that AM is purposefully leaking the wrong information to certain people in his office in order to figure out which people keep leaking to the O's hangout? i doubt it but i thought it might make sense if AM is so concerned with leaks that he doesn't even have tiolets in his office. haha.

I have thought about this as well, and have to keep telling myself that it's just too Hollywood-CIA-movie to be true. :D Then again, MacPhail has kept most of the previous regime and is said to be evaluating everyone. Perhaps this is part of his evaluation. It does make you wonder. But as Tony said, he has no reason not to trust the people he talked to.

I would expect the Orioles to officially deny anything until all of the paperwork is done. There are probably rules and stuff...

I remember several years ago, the Ravens signed somebody. I think it was Brock Marion. The Ravens officially announced it. The headline in the paper said "Ravens Sign Marion". Well guess what? He failed his physical and the Ravens didn't sign him after all.

Tony's source could be Roberts himself, Bud Selig, or Goose Gossage, but until the paperwork is signed, the team can't say anything.

Could be, but in this case I don't think so. Tony said he recieved his info from two different sources. I don't think he would risk the reputation of the Hangout if he didn't feel his info was solid.

This smells of AM not wanting things leaked out, so he is really putting some double talk out there to throw people off.
Or he is putting slightly different versions of the trade out to different sets of staff people in an effort to identify the leaks from Warehouse staff after it is reported here by an insider. End of the day, I thought the "completely innacurate" comment was far too strong if we are just going through the paperwork process with MLB. I think he wants to control the rumors to give himself the maximum leverage in trade discussions and doesn't want to have to fight fires or answer questions until the ink is dry.

Could be true, seems AM does not like leaks, and rightfully so. However, Joey and Peace also confirmed, and I believe their sources are not in the O's front office.

If MacPhail and company are really still working on this deal, and massaging it (if you will) then I have no problem with what's going on. However, if this is just cloke and dagger stuff to make people think nothing is happening, and then the Orioles announce the same deal later, than its just complete BS! MacPhail and company need to worry about the Orioles, and let us common folk have our fun. I highly doubt the OH leaking this will alter anything with the trade. Gimme a break MacPhail.

Agreed! Doesn't he realize the fan base is interested in the team and when they hear about this information it is creating a "positive" buzz about the team. We are looking for things to get excited about with this team, why try to kill the good energy that is coming from this???

I would expect the Orioles to officially deny anything until all of the paperwork is done. There are probably rules and stuff...

I remember several years ago, the Ravens signed somebody. I think it was Brock Marion. The Ravens officially announced it. The headline in the paper said "Ravens Sign Marion". Well guess what? He failed his physical and the Ravens didn't sign him after all.

Tony's source could be Roberts himself, Bud Selig, or Goose Gossage, but until the paperwork is signed, the team can't say anything.

I think McLovin is speaking in code here. What he is trying to tell the OH is.....Tony's source is THE GOOSE, Tony Saragusa! :eek:

I only have one question. Why do I keep seeing these "Is your love cheating on you?" web ads?

They annoy me.

Also, I think this deal is done as well. Like Tony said there is just too much smoke. We shall see what happens but I sincerely hope this deal gets done.

The funniest thing is looking at the comments on Roch's blog and their view of the trade. They consider it to be completely awful.

Archived