Rosenthal: Bedard to Mariners 1 player from completion

8ripken2131

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Eh, he just mentions names discussed. Not necessarily that those guys are packaged together. Tillman added is not a throw-in type player so if he is hanging things up, it probably could still be tough to complete the deal. At least Rosenthal's reports may help ease the people who felt AM was asking for too much by insisting on Morrow.

I'm wondering if that's the reason why we'd be getting 2 pitchers from the Cubs...since we wouldn't be getting any major league pitching back from the M's?

Makes sense but we are moving 2 guys and if the deals are true need 5 slots on the 40 man. Things are getting tight.

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/7656588

He says the deal could be Bedard for Jones, Sherrill, Triunfel, and Tillman.

Pull the trigger NOW!!!!!!!!!!!

BB says we are looking for a 5th. Are we getting greedy and trying to get Chen?

Why not

Jones

Clement

Tillman

Triunfel

Chen

Marshall

Gallagher

Cedeno

Murton

we could almost field an entire team and trade 2 guys.

This is the most ridiculous thing I have ever written.

I'm wondering if that's the reason why we'd be getting 2 pitchers from the Cubs...since we wouldn't be getting any major league pitching back from the M's?

I'm starting to believe that while the Roberts deal is "done", it's done in principle awaiting the results of the Bedard trade, and that it's a mistake to view the Roberts trade in isolation, or the Bedard trade in isolation. One will influence the other, and it's likely that the higher value trade of Bedard will occur first before AM completes the deal already agreed upon in principle with Hendry. Only if AM gets what he thinks he will get for Bedard will the reported Roberts trade occur.

In short, AM told Hendry, if what happens with Bedard is what I want, will you give me these players for Roberts? Hendry said yes, (thus the reports) and we're waiting now for the Bedard thing to flesh out before the reported Roberts trade can occur.

Archived