Interesting Day Ahead with Trades (Peavy and Young Both Possibly on the Move Today)

erb8472

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2013/07/phillies-to-designate-stephen-susdorf-for-assignment.html

Phillies DFA someone else to make room for that 3B prospect. LOL. God they are such trolls. Young still on the roster.

Tells me that they must have a deal in place for him to a team besides the Rangers. They call up his replacement and tell him that either he accepts the deal or he will be a backup player.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2013/07/phillies-to-designate-stephen-susdorf-for-assignment.html

Phillies DFA someone else to make room for that 3B prospect. LOL. God they are such trolls. Young still on the roster.

I read speculation somewhere that someone thinks the Phillies are doing this to make Young realize that he's not going to be much more than bench player going forward and to passive aggressively assuage him to loosen his trade clause demands.

I read speculation somewhere that someone thinks the Phillies are doing this to make Young realize that he's not going to be much more than bench player going forward and to passive aggressively assuage him to loosen his trade clause demands.

That's what I think they are trying to do.

Javier Lopez (Giants)

Hunter Pence (Giants)

Tim Lincecum (Giants)

Oliver Perez (Mariners)

Michael Young (Phillies)

Cliff Lee (Phillies)

Chase Utley (Phillies)

Jimmy Rollins (Phillies)

Jake Peavy (Chicago AL)

Alex Rios (Chicago AL)

Kevin Gregg (Chicago NL)

Nate Schieroltz (Chicago NL)

Justin Morneau (Minnesota)

Bud Norris (Houston)

Aramis Ramirez (Milwaukee)

These are the names that keep popping up.

I wonder how many of these players will clear waivers and still be available if they aren't traded tomorrow.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23orioles&src=hash">#orioles</a> sensing that pitching market is "drying up," according to one person in organization. Teams still asking for too much in return</p>— Roch Kubatko (@masnRoch) <a href="
">July 30, 2013</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Maybe they are trying to get that out there in hopes that prices will come down. Doesn't seem like we are going to pulling anything off, but still some time left.

I am starting a rumor that has no grounds: Felix Hernandez to Baltimore for Bundy, Gausman and Hoes.

Year Age Team Salary

2013 27 Seattle Mariners $19,857,000

2014 28 Seattle Mariners $22,857,000

2015 29 Seattle Mariners $24,857,000

2016 30 Seattle Mariners $25,857,000

2017 31 Seattle Mariners $26,857,000

2018 32 Seattle Mariners $26,857,000

2019 33 Seattle Mariners $27,858,000

2020 34 Seattle Mariners *$1,000,000 $1M Team Option

Yeah, I think that would start a War of the Two Kings.

Not to be too negative, but if the O's aren't having luck buying, maybe they should join the selling side. This team just doesn't have the pitching and the offense is too inconsistent to make a deep run in the playoffs, if they make it. There will be a lot of holes to fill next year. I may look into offers for McLouth, Hardy, Johnson, Matusz, and see if Hammel can bring anything.

We still be in on Peavy if the price is being lowered.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Despite interest from 4 teams - Red Sox, A's, D'backs, Cards - sense is White Sox are coming down on Peavy asking price. <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23RedSoxTalk&src=hash">#RedSoxTalk</a></p>— Sean McAdam (@Sean_McAdam) <a href="

">July 30, 2013</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Archived