Anyone Ever Notice Besides Me That Nick Markakis Never Gets "Pied"?

Old#5fan

I recall on MASN one time AJ said Nick had tenure so he doesn't get pied. Sounds like a cover up for him not wanting it.

Not a cover up. If a player doesn't want a pie thrown into his face then others

need to respect that. Sorry but the pie thing is silly. IMO

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's the link I put in the other thread to last night's happy occasion, if you missed it.

http://m.mlb.com/video/topic/47148388/v32417225/kcbal-orioles-mascot-pied-after-walkoff-win/?c_id=bal

Not a cover up. If a player doesn't want a pie thrown into his face then others

need to respect that. Sorry but the pie thing is silly. IMO

Well yeah, its silly. It's done by guys who play a game where you hit a small ball and then proceed to run in a circle. It's all silly when you get down to it. :D

Apparently to Nick the stick in the mud, it is neither silly or fun.

Let's be fair, he asked to not be pied back when it was shaving cream, which burns like hell if it gets in your eyes. It's possible they still honored it even though it's not shaving cream anymore because it was still funny AND silly the way they did it.

Apparently to Nick the stick in the mud, it is neither silly or fun.

Has anyone ever seen him crack a big grin, much less a hearty laugh? I swear he is the most serious professional baseball player I believe I have ever seen, at least as far as wearing an Orioles uniform. Maybe he does have a sense of humor but just doesn't want t show it on tv?

Has anyone ever seen him crack a big grin, much less a hearty laugh? I swear he is the most serious professional baseball player I believe I have ever seen, at least as far as wearing an Orioles uniform. Maybe he does have a sense of humor but just doesn't want t show it on tv?

Reminds me of Mora, really, except Mora was caught smiling a lot more.

Some people are just serious people, I think that's Markakis. I've seen him obviously enjoying himself, but he's very restrained. I have a friend like that.

I was once pied as a birthday prank. I didn't enjoy it very much. Like Markakis, I have a tendency to be serious, especially in public or in groups.

I am completely sympathetic with Nick's desire not to be hit in the face (with a pie).

I was once pied as a birthday prank. I didn't enjoy it very much. Like Markakis, I have a tendency to be serious, especially in public or in groups.

I am completely sympathetic with Nick's desire not to be hit in the face (with a pie).

I am not 100% certain, but my guess would be not too many people would enjoy being hit in the face with a pie. I knew a girl once years ago that I would have loved to have hit her in the face with a pie in a public place as in a dance club, or beer joint. In fact my buddies and I used to jokingly call her "pie" face bcause she was so stuck up.

Archived