What.. the.. Buck..

gmelson26

I'm going to keep this short. I'm tired of Buck immediately throwing the offense under the bus during these interviews. They did enough to give Jim "Blow" Johnson and the best defense to ever grace baseball a chance to close the win in the 9th. This isn't on them.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm going to keep this short. I'm tired of Buck immediately throwing the offense under the bus during these interviews. They did enough to give Jim "Blow" Johnson and the best defense to ever grace baseball a chance to close the win in the 9th. This isn't on them.

+1000.... These guys battle their ***** off against two very good pitchers and put their team in a position to win and have it taken away by a guy that has no business being in the game when he is. Yet their manager throws them under the bus after the game.

Bucks post game interviews are one of the more pathetic traditions in sports.

I can barely watch them anymore, he takes zero responsibility for anything, EVER.

The only thing more pathetic than his interviews is Johnson being the closer. What a freaking joke he is. He's a mental midget. You can just tell he has no confidence out there and it shows. He's terrible.

LOL Buck just said Jim Johnson is still closer all you can do is laugh at this point.

No matter what decision is made with regards to JJ's role, what did you expect him to say? It was a question that needed to be asked but it was still a loaded one.

No matter what decision is made with regards to JJ's role, what did you expect him to say? It was a question that needed to be asked but it was still a loaded one.

I understand what you're saying. This would make sense if it wasn't so easy for him to throw his hitters under the bus on a nightly basis.

If this happened in a big city like New York Buck would be ? all the time about this. Baltimore media is to soft.

This is a great post OP. If I'm one of the guys who shows up at 1 every day. Does nothing, but sleep, eat and play baseball. Then go out there and contribute to the 4th best offense in the MLB. A flat out elite offensive machine. Then the Manager keeps throwing us under the bus. Meanwhile the pitching can't get anyone the F out and is jeopardizing our playoff hopes. The blood may start to broil.

I understand what you're saying. This would make sense if it wasn't so easy for him to throw his hitters under the bus on a nightly basis.

Speaking about the hitters as a collective unit in a negative fashion (which I don't really agree that he does) isn't the same as singling out one player and/or removing JJ from his role on a post game interview. That being said, he kind of dodged the question anyhow, he certainly didn't give JJ a vote of confidence.

I can't say that I was pleased to hear Buck's postgame tonite either...at this stage of the season when runs are at a premium for most contenders, the bullpen has got to step up when it's time...didn't appreciate hearing him say that the offense didn't get the job done...don't know what's up with Jim Johnson, but his mental toughness has been a problem this year (overconfident, perhaps?)...those blown saves early on are looming large right now. I try not to over-react to the losses, but I really do want to see the guys make the post-season again, last year was so much fun! Yes, they were lucky last year, but they were also good. This year, they are still good, but not so lucky (i.e., the 1-run wins). Either way, if the O's have 2 winning seasons in a row, this long-time fan will be one happy camper about that! Just my 2 pennies.

+1000.... These guys battle their ***** off against two very good pitchers and put their team in a position to win and have it taken away by a guy that has no business being in the game when he is. Yet their manager throws them under the bus after the game.

I think Buck is trying not to throw individuals under the bus. When he says "offense" he keeps any negativity in general terms. He doesn't want to single out Johnson or anyone else in a negative light. I think the players appreciate that. The problem of course is exactly what you said in that Johnson isn't good enough to be on the mound right now in these spots. He is afraid to throw the ball in the strike zone. I thought Buck would have a problem in the clubhouse earlier in the season when Johnson was terrible. Then Johnson started pitching better again. As fans we get a feeling of impending disaster every time Johnson takes the mound. Imagine what his teammates are thinking. It must be ten fold for them. At some point guys will start thinking "what are we doing with this guy? He sucks." Sooner or later guys will start thinking aloud and Buck will have big problems.

But he literally called half of the team and has done it regularly despite being an elite offense. Newsflash Buck. Steroid era is over. You can't just score at will.

I have said this a million times. The closer role is the most talked about role in baseball. It is the highest pressure job there is, Buck isn't going to throw gasoline on the fire, he know better. I am glad Gary asked the question, it needed to be asked, and I wanted it asked after the NYY game in early July.

Archived