vs. ATHLETICS, 8/23

garethcoker

• Replies 774
  • Created
  • Last Reply
When you throw the exact same pitch twice in a row... sometimes they recognize it.

Bad pitch calling.

He is throwing to many off speeds for some reason tonight. I guess that was the plan but his fastball is his best pitch at 95. Trying to pitch to the other teams weakness when should be pitching to your strength.

This game was over the moment that the A's scored first. This team is absolutely pathetic at making come backs... What do we have? 1 comeback win since the ASB excluding games against the Astros?

And once again, another slow start dooms them. We give up a run in the 1st, but get a golden opportunity to tie it up in the bottom half. Straily GIFTS them 2 walks, but as usual, they can't hit with RISP when it actually matters, don't score, and still don't have a single hit to Oakland's 5.

This team just has no killer instinct.

Don't worry, they'll lose the 1st 2 games only to finally play a halfway decent game on Sunday to keep our record respectable, just like last series. Pathetic.

We hit the most HR's...but we give up the most HR's. So our advantage is negated.

And I do not believe any team has ever led the league in HRs allowed and made the playoffs or won the pennant. I have gone back forty five years looking at this and haven't found one yet.

Number 5 starters put up stinkers from time to time. LHB kill him.

Elaborate on that Malike, please rank our SP by slot. Norris is a 5. What about Tillman, Chen, MG and Feldman?

I'll go first, Tillman #2, Chen #3, MG #3 or #4, Feldman #5, Norris, I don't know yet. That's not to say these guys can't get better (or worse).

Archived