vs. WHITE SOX, 9/06

OFFNY

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HE DID miss the plate ...... originally, with that circular slide that he did.

But after he missed the plate, he still managed to sneak his hand in there, just ahead of (and around) Wieters' tag ...... hence, he was safe, but it was very close.

Again, why he did that circular slide in the first place, I have no idea.

To me it looked like the hand beat the tag by a fairly large margin. I looked at the replay and I looked at it in real time. I don't think it was close. I'm aware that it was closer than it should have been but it was still no-doubt safe to me in real time, and the replay confirms it.

To me it looked like the hand beat the tag by a fairly large margin. I looked at the replay and I looked at it in real time. I don't think it was close. I'm aware that it was closer than it should have been but it was still no-doubt safe to me in real time, and the replay confirms it.

That's not what I saw, and I saw the replay, too.

I saw him miss the plate completely with his slide, then I saw him sneak his hand in there just ahead of Wieters' tag afterward. It's almost like he was playing a hot potato game, like he was afraid of getting an electrical shock or something if he touched home plate.

In fact, he (Keppinger) knew that he missed the plate, otherwise he would not have bothered trying to reach his hand in there to touch it after his slide.

That's not what I saw, and I saw the replay, too.

I saw him miss the plate completely with his slide, then I saw him sneak his hand in there just ahead of Wieters' tag afterward. It's almost like he was playing a hot potato game, like he was afraid of getting an electrical shock or something if he touched home plate.

In fact, he (Keppinger) knew that he missed the plate, otherwise he would not have bothered trying to reach his hand in there to touch it after his slide.

yep :agree:

whitesox.jpg

I remember those.

I didn't mind the uniforms (for a year or 2) but I didn't like the shorts.

How do you avoid getting leg burns if you had to slide ???

In fact, now that I think about it, KEPPINGER was acting like HE was wearing shorts and didn't want to get leg burns with that extremely cautious slide of his. :laughlol:

GTFO! You are blessed.
No S!? Nice!

Yep. I was a freshman at Hopkins. I'd moved up here from Texas having never been to Baltimore before I set foot on campus for the first time a few days before that. It was a residential life event. I had never been to a baseball game and thought it would be interesting. The game was rain delayed by hours. Most of the people left early (before the game even started, I think), when the bus came to take us back to campus. I was there with a few others who stayed. We were able to move down from the left field nosebleed seats because the place was reasonably empty. The game was also the 1-year anniversary of Cal Ripken, Jr. breaking Louis Gehrig's record and there was a little pre-game ceremony for him. At the time, I had no idea what a big deal hitting 500 home runs was and was impressed by the celebration that happened (I seem to recall confetti cannons).

Needless to say, I was hooked.

I remember those.

I didn't mind the uniforms (for a year or 2) but I didn't like the shorts.

How do you avoid getting leg burns if you had to slide ???

In fact, now that I think about it, KEPPINGER was acting like HE was wearing shorts and didn't want to get leg burns with that extremely cautious slide of his. :laughlol:

Yea those shorts looked like Old FAT MANS SOFTBALL Uni's LOL :rofl:

Archived