vs. WHITE SOX, 9/06

OFFNY

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• You have basically answered your own question. If Grayson didn’t agree he could file a grievance. He didn’t so one might assume, regardless of how serious, he agrees with the course of action. 
    • We’ve gone to 2 Monday games and one Tuesday game. Ive gotten tickets for $37 apiece after fees in section 52 and then Move up a few rows to all the empty seats. Amazing seats to watch a game. This last Monday I paid $65 apiece for section 52 vs the yanks. People from NY paid $100 off SeatGeek. He said that these seats in NY would be $500 apiece. Ticket prices are pretty cheap for Os games right now. And on a Monday you could buy a cheaper seat and then move closer if you really wanted to.  Now food prices are a different story. Just buy a hoagie somewhere and bring it in.  Looking at the Toronto Monday, sec 52 is way cheaper than it was for the Yankees. Sec 59 is $19 on SeatGeek including fees. you can make it affordable but I don’t pay for parking in Timonium and I have passes for the light rail.  
    • Whose better than Cowser on defense?  How does Norby look out there?
    • what about just waiting for Bautista to come back and use those type of players to get a good starter with some control? 
    • I think those stats are from before his last two appearances.  He gave up a home run today to Gleyber Torres.
    • I was happy with what I saw. I honestly went into it not expecting much. He had a few rough spots but didn't totally crumble. Really encouraging! 
    • The A’s will have no use for Stowers as a serious trade chip. Maybe he’s a throw in along with the major pieces? But he in no way is equivalent of Kjerstad or Cowser.  Furthermore if you have questions/concerns about Cowser, you don’t think they will? You don’t think that they are aware of his issues and that their evaluators/scouts can watch film of him butchering plays? Kjerstad is 25 now (already in his prime). Why would the A’s trade Miller for him? Miller has 5 more years of control. Their whole rationale for wanting to move Miller is to sacrifice the now for the later (buying years in the future and sacrificing the present). They are likely to want guys who are you and/or guys further away from MLB but still have tremendous upside. Povich/McDermott/Johnson? I guess they can be used as add ons. But I can’t see those kind of guys being main pieces for an EXTREMELY VALUABLE commodity like Miller. Miller has the ability to be the best late inning weapon in the sport and he has FIVE more years of control after this season. That kind of player is not going to be acquired for spare parts. We are going to have to beat other offers for him.
  • Popular Contributors