Rosenthal: Orioles interested in Beltran

SticksandStones

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm not convinced...what would the logic be in selling low (actually as low as his value has ever been) on Wieters? Then losing a draft pick to sign a player at the doorstep of his twilight years? I'm calling shenanigans...

Ill take the greatest postseason hitter of alltime over a prematurely declining catcher who could never hit

I've been supporting going after Beltran but the declining walk rate concerns me. I think the defense is overblown because much of his time would be used as a DH. However, I'm starting to think Granderson makes more sense, solid walk rate (11%) and we don't have to surrender the pick.

So you would take Beltran at 38? Wow. I sure wouldnt. Who is your catcher once

Matt is traded?

I'm not crazy at the Beltran at 38... But I thought Ortiz was done a few years ago. That said I definitely think the Orioles should try to see what they can get for Wieters, Markakis, and Hardy.

However, they better get some NICE pitching in return for wieters. He could pull a top quality pitcher from a team with abundant pitching and a gaping hole at catcher.
Why would anyone give up nice SP in return for "a prematurely declining catcher who could never hit"?

Archived