Feldman to the Astros

biggrthngibbons

Feldman surprised Orioles didn't have any interest. Blurb on mlbtr. What is Dan's plan man??

He also said no hard feelings.

It is interesting to note that he also didn't indicate that he called DD saying, "Hey Dan, Houston has offered me 3 years at $10 million per. Can you match that? Can you come close?" If such a call did take place, I sure haven't seen any mention of it.

I'm glad for him that he got such a great deal. I'm equally glad that the Orioles aren't the ones giving it to him.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Better to attack the messenger than the message. Maybe you can actually explain how DD did not get fleeced last trade deadline because my impression is the rest of baseball is laughing their butts off at him for trading away so much for so little when he team finished well outside of playoff contention after his moves.

If you think Arrieta and Strop was "trading away so much," then I bet you're in the minority on that opinion. Arrieta had regressed for the past 2-3 years. Strop was a basket case and was about to be DFA'd. In exchange for them, the O's got a reliable starter who did a solid job for the Orioles and helped keep the team in contention. I don't think anyone in baseball is "laughing their butts off" at Duquette for that trade. It's the kind of deal that happens quite often in baseball -- a contending team trades two spare parts that have very little value to them for a player who provides more present-day value. Hard to call that a "fleecing," since the trade accomplished what the O's wanted it to.

Separately, kind of hard to understand a board moderator would make such a big deal out of a poster being incorrect and changing their mind about something.

He's not changing his mind. His mantra is to rant and bicker about whatever the Orioles are currently doing, even when it directly contradicts what he was previously ranting and bickering about. It's one thing to be critical, but it's another to be hypocritical.

Of course, if webbrick would just answer the question I asked (about why Strop and Arrieta were useless pieces for the Orioles and yet Duquette was an idiot for trading them away), then perhaps he could better explain his opinion. Guess he missed it.

Better to attack the messenger than the message. Maybe you can actually explain how DD did not get fleeced last trade deadline because my impression is the rest of baseball is laughing their butts off at him for trading away so much for so little when he team finished well outside of playoff contention after his moves.

Separately, kind of hard to understand a board moderator would make such a big deal out of a poster being incorrect and changing their mind about something.

Dan did not get fleeced. This is not a matter of opinion. He got a half season of what another team is now paying 10 million for when we were fighting for a playoff spot. He got it, we spent it, done. The ultimate performance of either of the players we sent them is irrelevant. Dan got what he paid for.

We have a rule about complaining about board moderation. Don't make this about that please. PM is the only permissible way to discuss moderation. I am sure you only meant to refer to him as a poster.

Dan did not get fleeced. This is not a matter of opinion. Dan got what he paid for.

Well, I guess we have definitions of "got what he paid for" because Dan paid up with two players who earned 1.5 WAR and picked up one who received .7 WAR.

Regarding bad trade number 2, we are going to look back in 5 years at how many teams trade away a compensatory draft pick and other prospects for players who earn .2 WAR over 50 IP as a career ERA+ 91 guy.

We have a rule about complaining about board moderation. Don't make this about that please. PM is the only permissible way to discuss moderation. I am sure you only meant to refer to him as a poster.

I didn't post a complaint about board moderation.

Well, I guess we have definitions of "got what he paid for" because Dan paid up with two players who earned 1.5 WAR and picked up one who received .7 WAR.

Regarding bad trade number 2, we are going to look back in 5 years at how many teams trade away a compensatory draft pick and other prospects for players who earn .2 WAR over 50 IP as a career ERA+ 91 guy.

Ok. I will go along with that.

I was subtly indicating that making a post about someone and indicating that they are a moderator is close to the edge there.

You are funny if you think I post anywhere close to the edge where some of the ********* who have been tossed off this site have been.

Archived