So Roberts said something that got fans mad??

TradeAngelos

This isn't about whether he signed with the Yankees or not. No one is mad that he signed with another team. It's unfortunate that the guy who was arguably Mister Oriole for 10 years signed with the Yankees (of all teams), but no one is faulting him for it.

This thread highlights comments he made about the Yankees and how it's a dream of many baseball players (and implied that they were his as well) to play for the Yankees. It's not quite Mike Mussina, but pretty similar; If you want to play for the Yankees because the Orioles won't re-sign you, go do it. Just don't give a press conference about how the last decade and your entire childhood was spent thinking about the moment you'd one day play for the rival team.

A simple "Thank you Mr. Steinbrenner" would have been sufficient.

Why in the world do you care?

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is this guy on the team any longer? Who cares? It bugs me we wasted as much time trying to justify a roster spot for the last few years for a guy who contributed so little. Time to move on, I don't give a rip what he says now that he doesn't play for us unless it's to motivate our guys. He's an opportunist now just like he was when he apologized for his one time use of PEDs.:rolleyes:

Brian Roberts wants to play MLB.

The Yankees offered him a contract.

There is every possibility that they were the only team that did.

BRob could be the best "take a chance guy" the Yankees have ever bet on. They still refuse to go away because they have a tradition of winning baseball and an ownership that understands that winning sometimes = spending money.

Roberts might not have been highly coveted, but it doesn't mean the Yankees were stupid for picking him up on a decent deal.

MSK

BRob could be the best "take a chance guy" the Yankees have ever bet on. They still refuse to go away because they have a tradition of winning baseball and an ownership that understands that winning sometimes = spending money.

Roberts might not have been highly coveted, but it doesn't mean the Yankees were stupid for picking him up on a decent deal.

MSK

I didn't hear of any other team interested in Roberts. Did you?

Where did I insinuate the Yankee's were stupid for signing him?

Archived