Would you rather have Chris Davis or Freddie Freeman for the next eight years?

Frobby

Which player would you prefer from now through 2021?  

96 members have voted

1. 1. Which player would you prefer from now through 2021?

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The reason I asked the question is because I am trying to figure out what Freeman's contract extension means for the market value of Chris Davis. If you think Davis is going to be the better player over the next 8 years, then it stands to reason that we'd have to pay him at least as much as Freeman is going to get, and probably more. If you think Freeman is going to be the better player over the next 8 years, then Freeman's contract seems like a ceiling that you'd want the Davis contract to be under. So all I'm trying to determine is who people think will be the better player of the two over the next 8 years, so I can factor it into my thinking. I'm sure Boras is thinking about how this contract impacts Chris. And Chris himself may be thinking about it. Let's say the O's come to him with an offer of 8/$120 mm. Wouldn't his first reaction be, "so you don't think I'm as valuable as Freddie Freeman?"

So I think the production of the two players is about equal over the next 8 years. However, Freeman has one more arbitration year included in his contract which lowers his overall price.

I think an important thing about Freeman's contract is that he sets the bar a 8 years.

So I think the production of the two players is about equal over the next 8 years. However, Freeman has one more arbitration year included in his contract which lowers his overall price.

I think an important thing about Freeman's contract is that he sets the bar a 8 years.

I don't think so, not at 23. Davis will be 29 as a FA. Boras will ask 8-10 years, but settle for 7. Unless CD hits another 50. then the sky's the limit.

Not sure how relevant that is to Chris Davis. It may be relevant to Machado when it is time for him to extend, but Freeman is 23 so he should expect a longer contract than the 28 year-old Davis.

I don't think so, not at 23. Davis will be 29 as a FA. Boras will ask 8-10 years, but settle for 7. Unless CD hits another 50. then the sky's the limit.

I O's shouldn't want to pay that game. The O's should make their best offer this off season and if he does take it, then it tells they have to trade him.

As I said. Ask for what ever they want. Cano got 78% of what he ask for. 78% of 10 in 8 years. 78% of 200 is 156M. I don't think the O's have to offer 10/200 to get Davis is sign.
That's for a home town extension. When he is a FA all bets are off.

Archived