O's sign Cust to minor league deal (w/ Custer Reprise)

mdbdotcom

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Seems kind of an odd signing to me. I would think he doesn't have much left. IMO

I honestly thought this was a joke. This rumor is what provoked me to start the thread "Orioles sign Garrett Atkins to MiL deal". It seemed just as silly to me, I truly cannot believe this nonsense.

Sure, no harm, no foul. BUT what people are overlooking is this-time and energy and resources are spent on signings like this. Effort that should be going elsewhere. That is my point.

Disappointing. Unbelievable. Laughable. Typical Orioles offseason.

Can it be?? Jack Cust and Evan Meek all in one day?? How many more of these guys will it take to get to $100 million?

I don't think that we count folks that are not on the 40 man roster towards that. I wager that the Orioles doe spend north of a 100 million on actual players this season. Thanks.

With washed up garbage.

Norfolk has been a good place to grab a player to play for a day or two if need occurs. Guys with actual major league experience work well in that role. Norfolk has had a playoff contending team since Dan Duquette arrived. Because it is not a place to develop players. It is a place to store ones that you might need to use. A lot of good teams do this.

I honestly thought this was a joke. This rumor is what provoked me to start the thread "Orioles sign Garrett Atkins to MiL deal". It seemed just as silly to me, I truly cannot believe this nonsense.

Sure, no harm, no foul. BUT what people are overlooking is this-time and energy and resources are spent on signings like this. Effort that should be going elsewhere. That is my point.

Disappointing. Unbelievable. Laughable. Typical Orioles offseason.

You mean like any of these guys?

Zach Jackson

Brad Meyers

Tyler Robertson

Danny Rosenbaum

Matthew Spann

Daniel Stange

Chris Young

Mitch Canham

Brian Jeroloman

Sam Palace

Chris Snyder

Emmanuel Burriss

Jamey Carroll

Mike Fontenot

Josh Johnson

Brock Peterson

Will Rhymes

Theo Bowe

Joseph Dunigan

Erik Komatsu

Norfolk has been a goo place to grab a player to play for a day or two if need occurs. Guys with actual major league experience work well in that role. Norfolk has had a playoff contending team since Dan Duquette arrived. Because it is not a place to develop players. It is a place to store ones that you might need to use. A lot of good teams do this.

It is also a very nice place to hang out during the summer as a 20 something male.

Maybe they're doing an agent a favor. Players don't get paid for spring training, so why not?

Buck says he can tell how his pitchers are doing by watching the hitters. Maybe he needs some guys who have an eye and can crush to test his pitchers. Jack is definitely a workout warrior and one of those guys for practice.

Archived