Schoop Making the Team

jtschrei

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Buck said roster situation will be resolved soon. Preference is to have Schoop play every day. Whether that's in Triple A or Os is undecided</p>— Brittany Ghiroli (@Britt_Ghiroli) <a href="

">March 26, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I really don't agree with a platoon thing for Schoop. If he's going to be on the team, he should be playing every day.

Very truly, play Jon every game and you don't want both Flaherty and Lombardozzi in the line up at the same time, if possible. Neither can swing the bat.

Well, they both have options.

They do, but I don't think many people consider Weeks a long term part of the organization who can contribute right now. Maybe with his speed, but not overall. Schoop can make an impact.

I don't think I would have said that before watching him this spring and it has nothing to do with his numbers.

They may end up doing it, but just want to point out that Lombardozzi, Jr. is hardly a good candidate for platooning with Flaherty: his splits favor him hitting vs. righties (like Flaherty) and he may be even a worse hitter vs. LHP than Ryan is.

Archived