Not at OPACY... What are you doing for Opening Day?

orioleslist

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HDMI cable from laptop to Big Screen TV.

I can have it on behind me in my office/basement den on the big screen courtesy of the PS3, but I'll get a sore neck AND no other work done if its there.

At least on one of the two screen in front of me "I can multitask". Or pretend to.

Sneaking out of work and watching on ESPN2 or MLBTV if the broadcast sucks on ESPN or is too pro-Sux. Prob throw some food on the grill and eat some peanuts and celebrate the unofficial first day of spring!

The ESPN camera man is a Mets fan. Or so he says.

The only way today could be better is if I could be home and in Oriole Park!

Since leaving the AirForce I work from my home office, and I'm trying hard to get all of my work wrapped up in time for the game (I can't concentrate though...it's Opening Day which I suppose is why I'm here on the board).

So what I have planned so far...

I have to warm up the oven and prepare my unworn LOW CROWN 59FIFTY Orioles Home Cap that I've had since last season...I've been waiting for today to wear it for the first time.

Before the game, I'm going to pick up take-out from The Spaghetti Factory. A few months ago I discovered that they have PIT BEEF SANDWICHES AND CRABCAKES! Ahem, so yeah that's happening.

Then it's back home to watch the game with our 3 year old Orioles fan (she loves to watch the "baseball men with Daddy's hat") on MLB.TV.

So I'll be watching the game, munching on hometown food, with a brand spanking new Orioles cap on my head. Almost doing what I would do if I were home. :D

The only things I'll really miss though are sitting surrounded by a city in orange, and screaming "O" during The Star Spangled Banner. If only MLB.TV would let me hear The National Anthem. I wish I could sing with everybody at home, and hear Country Boy during the stretch. But, it's ok because at least those things WILL happen and if I get to sit on the couch and teach my daughter about the greatest game ever devised by man...then that's not bad. :)

Go ORIOLES!!!

John

p.s. If you want a REAL Baseball cap (you remember, the way players look on the field), and not an uber-tall fashion cap...then check this out.

http://shop.neweracap.com/style/MLB-Low-Crown-AC-Performance-59FIFTY-Cap/20463510

I couldn't be happier that NewERA decided to bring back the On-Field Low Crown Caps, and have even noticed a few Orioles wearing them in home games this spring training. ;)

Talked KateK into making some "Italian nachos". w00t!

Chips, sliced pepperoncini, Italian cheeses and marinara for dipping. Enjoyed best with an ice cold Dogfish Head Piercing Pils.

Now if only 105.7 had a radio tandem I could stomach listening to at this time slot to pass the time until 1pm (mountain). Rob and Vinny.......... ugh.

p.s. If you want a REAL Baseball cap (you remember, the way players look on the field), and not an uber-tall fashion cap...then check this out.

http://shop.neweracap.com/style/MLB-Low-Crown-AC-Performance-59FIFTY-Cap/20463510

I couldn't be happier that NewERA decided to bring back the On-Field Low Crown Caps, and have even noticed a few Orioles wearing them in home games this spring training. ;)

Nice tip! Didn't realize the stiff version I have (with the tall crown) wasn't the same. I feel a little formal wearing that one because of how far down on my head I have to force it to avoid looking like Fred McGriff.

Missing my first opening day in the last 5 years, but got to spring training last week so it is worth it.......I think.

Working today, no radio, no tv, but will be racing home to hopefully catch the last 3 innings or so!

And thank goodness I am eating lunch right now, all the food and beer listings in this thread sound awesome!

Archived