Reactionary Thread for Loss #1

Rene88

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This is overall, correct? That is all defense. Roberts' range was bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flaherty's WRC+ was 83. Roberts' was 90. Not a huge difference. And Flaherty's was probably a lot higher than 83 after the first month or so.

If you're going to say 4 ER in 6 IP cost us the game, you'd be hard pressed to find a pitcher who won't cost you A LOT of games in the AL East.

I get that you would rather have Hammel than Jimenez. Let's maybe give them a few starts before we start running them over?

Tillman gave up one in six just the other day...

If you fault him for the Ortiz homer, I can see you thinking he had a bad game. But I personally don't and think that the other homer he gave up was a mistake he doesn't make often. Add to this that he doesn't have a very high HR rate, every run he have up was on a HR, and his stuff looked good and I'm not too concerned. I'm not overly happy but I don't think he pitched a bad game against arguably the best and most patient lineup in the league.

If Bud Norris, Chen, or Gonzales pitch that same game, I might agree. But he is the big dollar signing, and I expect more and didn't see it. Tillman is way better and obvioiusly underpaid in comparison.

Not to be reactionary and it's only two games but the Orioles don't seem to have any table setters. Like I said in the game thread the Orioles sure could use a player like Pedroia.

The loss of McClouth is going to hurt them bigtime. He was that guy.

So what? Roberts hit like an all-star with RISP compared to Flaherty.

He also worked pitchers. Flaherty is usually gone about 3 or 4 pitches. To me, that is the biggest difference.

Not to be reactionary and it's only two games but the Orioles don't seem to have any table setters. Like I said in the game thread the Orioles sure could use a player like Pedroia.

Also, I have never liked Markakis as a lead off guy. Not enough speed and doesn't present a threat to bunt or steal a base like McClouth did.

Henry could be next man up if Lough doesn't quit hitting balls in the air.

Lough is an inferior version of McClouth. Bargain bin - you get what you pay for. He isn't a lead off hitter either like McCouth, and I don't like Markakis in that spot. He doesn't have the speed so is no threat to bunt his way on or steal. I bet they hit into way more double plays now with Markakis leading off in the first inning than last year with McClouth.

The loss of McClouth is going to hurt them bigtime. He was that guy.

I do agree with you here. We're going to miss McLouth in a big way. But you really are reaching on your bashing of Jimenez. You're using EXTREMELY small sample sizes to draw some mighty big conclusions. Now, I agree that Tillman is probably a better pitcher than Jimenez. But you're acting like tonight was a disaster of epic proportions for UJ. It wasn't great. But I feel better about giving up 4 runs essentially on one mistake and one good hit than I would about giving up 4 runs while feeling threatened every inning. UJ did a good job against a VERY patient lineup. I'll bet UJ makes it through 7 next time out.

I watched a replay of a game Feldman pitched against Boston last night and he held them to two runs over six innings and the Orioles won it 3-2. So yes, I would take that over Jimenez's outing tonight anytime.

Feldman 2013 vs. Bos. 0 2 9.49 era

Also, I have never liked Markakis as a lead off guy. Not enough speed and doesn't present a threat to bunt or steal a base like McClouth did.

Neither did Jeter and that seemed to work just fine for the Yankees for a long time.but Nick has to walk and at least hit singles 1 for 8 isn't going to do it.

Archived