Reactionary Thread for Loss #1

Rene88

On top of that, why is Schoop not playing? I thought the idea was he would play every day, either in Norfolk or Baltimore. If he is going to be with the team and cutting into his service time he needs to be in the lineup. I hope he is not going to sit against all RHPs.

Lombardozzi did have some good swings to his credit.

Regardless Flaherty should be nothing more than a platoon player and backup as long as we are giving Schoop a chance.

It's very possible that Schoop is part of a platoon. He's not going to be on the bench in the majors for very much time. For sure.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not to be reactionary and it's only two games but the Orioles don't seem to have any table setters. Like I said in the game thread the Orioles sure could use a player like Pedroia.

Are there teams that could not use an All Star, MVP caliber player like Pedroia? Most teams don't have one.

Jiminez started slow last year. Bedsides, he's not Cy Young, and he's not even a #1. Probably not even a #2 most years. Nobody should expect him to be a 1/2 level guy.Nobody should expect him to be what he was last year. He's a 3. And that's fine. The O's have a rotation full of 3-5 starters...which is still way better than having two 3-5 guys and the rest AAAA or AAA level players (which is what we usually got the past 15 years). He's going to be better than Hammel, and usually on par with or better than Feldman. We can argue about whether his contract was worth it but would you rather not have him at all this year? If nothing else, he gives the organization desperately-needed depth and innings. Notice that he pitched one more inning than the "bulldog" Tillman pitched. 4 runs in 6 innings against the Red Sox is probably going to be about the average for opposing SP across the league.

The offense has to be better than they've been the last two nights, obviously. That should be the biggest worry right now. They should step up, especially once Manny gets back.

I think we have some things to watch, Lough and Flaherty I think can play the glove fine, the real question for both of them is can they hit. 2 games will not prove they can nor will it prove they cannot. Ubaldo, is a great signing, and his history shows he can be filthy good and pretty average. I honestly think if yesterday was as bad as he pitched and he threw that way for half the season, he would still probably win about half his games.

I do not worry at all about any of the players that we let leave. Roberts, McClouth, Johnson, et al. I wish them well, but I personally think the O's made the right decision on all of them. I like the team, it ain't perfect, but it has great potential. Let's take the series and move on. That's how you play the game. :)

I think we have some things to watch, Lough and Flaherty I think can play the glove fine, the real question for both of them is can they hit. 2 games will not prove they can nor will it prove they cannot.

Indeed, it has only been one game for Lough. He had a terrific spring and hit well for KC last year. I am still optimistic with him.

Lackey had great command tonight, this wasn't one of those nights where we were wailing at 2-0 breaking balls in the dirt.

The 2-0 part might be right...but that's only because the balls in the dirt they were swinging at were the first pitches of the at bat.

The Sawx are the defending world champs and the last few times they took the field for real they shut down a pretty good Cardinals offense.

The Rays are everyone's darling in this division to win it all and they are 1-2 after their first 3 home games.

Chill.

The Sawx are the defending world champs and the last few times they took the field for real they shut down a pretty good Cardinals offense.

The Rays are everyone's darling in this division to win it all and they are 1-2 after their first 3 home games.

Chill.

I think for the most part, the sane ppl are. But it's human nature to congratulate when done good and criticize for something done bad.

Normally I'd agree, but consider the title of this thread. I guess anyone who posts here has license to be as reactioanary as they want.

I recommend that people read some threads from mid June 2012 leading up to the all star break. We got trashed by the Mets, Angels, and Indians repeatedly, almost twenty games of the most worthless Orioles baseball you've ever seen. It was unending. Still won 93 games.

Baseball is a marathon, and if you're going to judge every runner based upon their times to 500 feet, you aren't giving anyone a fair shake.

This is probably pointing out the obvious, but this team is very dependent on Davis' production.

He had a homer every three games last year and almost an RBI per game.

So when he's not getting his knocks production declines.

So here's hoping he knocks one out tonight and gets back on his way close to 50.

Well, his "mistakes" cost us the game didn't they? I am not saying he is Jake Arietta bad, but he didn't pitch like a number 2 guy either. Again, Feldman, Hammel or even Gausman or Steve Johnson could have done that well.

The difference is that none of those guys could ever do what Jimenez is capable of, for instance the entire second half of last season...

Using your logic, we should release Chris Davis and sign me to take his place, because I can do what he has done at the plate so far this season...

Well, his "mistakes" cost us the game didn't they? I am not saying he is Jake Arietta bad, but he didn't pitch like a number 2 guy either. Again, Feldman, Hammel or even Gausman or Steve Johnson could have done that well.
The difference is that none of those guys could ever do what Jimenez is capable of, for instance the entire second half of last season...

Using your logic, we should release Chris Davis and sign me to take his place, because I can do what he has done at the plate so far this season ...

Absolutely.

And you would be a lot cheaper, also. Instead of paying Davis a little over $10 Million, we could pay you only $500,000, and use the extra money toward signing Machado and/or Wieters to extensions.

It's amazing how often that the simple solution evades us.

Absolutely.

And you would be a lot cheaper, also. Instead of paying Davis a little over $10 Million, we could pay you only $500,000, and use the extra money toward signing Machado and/or Wieters to extensions.

It's amazing how often that the simple solution evades us.

Fat chance, I just hired Boras...I'm willing to sit until late June until I get paid...

Archived