Ubaldo Jimenez is Consistent

Old#5fan

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hasn't looked great?????? He's looked HORRIBLE. Open your eyes man. His putrid pitching has NOTHING to do with Feldman, McCouth, or Hammel. But I will say one thing, none of them have been overpaid to stink up the field like this guy has.. I have every right to complain about this guy. He STINKS!

In fairness #5 the guy was a mid three era pitcher last year in 30 plus starts. He's not going to be this bad. I doubt he sees a sub four era this year with his start but...he's never been a 6-7 era guy.

In fairness #5 the guy was a mid three era pitcher last year in 30 plus starts. He's not going to be this bad. I doubt he sees a sub four era this year with his start but...he's never been a 6-7 era guy.

I am not going to waste my time watching any more games he is pitching until he shows me he can produce either a Win or a Quality start.

I sure hope so.

I said it in the game thread, and I'll say it here: I think you can agree that Jimenez had a pretty solid year in 2013. In March/April 2013, his ERA was 7.13. In May his ERA was 4.23. From June through the end of the season his monthly ERAs never rose above 3.10, and his ERA in September was 1.09.

Those are just a small number of reasons why your thread is way, way premature and overblown.

I said it in the game thread, and I'll say it here: I think you can agree that Jimenez had a pretty solid year in 2013. In March/April 2013, his ERA was 7.13. In May his ERA was 4.23. From June through the end of the season his monthly ERAs neve rose above 3.10, and his ERA in September was 1.09.

Those are just a small number of reasons why your thread is way, way premature and overblown.

If he is that bad every April, maybe they ought to send him down to the minors and let him pitch and then call him up in May?

Archived